Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

Is there a program/ can someone create one that would allow me to end my current call by hard-pressing the camera button. I have a feeling that this should be quite possible but my zero programming-quotient holds me from creating one myself.

Just a simple app which will let me end my call without the need to bring it face-to-face, wait for the screen to light up, and hit the on-screen button. Thanks.

~aiyush

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
it should technically be possible with a script. Although I am not a programmer im sure someone in this forum can tell you of a way to make this work.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think you might also want to double-check how often you might accidentally press the cam key during a call.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I think you might also want to double-check how often you might accidentally press the cam key during a call.
My sense is that it never gets hard-pressed. The proof of the pudding, however, can come only from the eating

Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
Is there a program/ can someone create one that would allow me to end my current call by hard-pressing the camera button.
Install Shortcutd and set camera button long press (to avoid dropping calls by pressing it by mistake) to execute a shell command. Then set the command to this:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call com.nokia.csd.Call.Release

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Phone Speakers Switcher does it and more

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atz6975 For This Useful Post: