Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Sorry if this has been done before. I spent an hour this morning with video skype to my brother and father in Australia using the new OSX skype beta (3g). I've been waiting for the OSX update since pr1.2. Just wondering, what other os works with n900 for video skype. Symbian 3 better had.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
the newest version of skype for windows supports video calls with n900 as well

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
the newest version of skype for windows supports video calls with n900 as well
Thanks for that. I tried that a few weeks ago with a friend of mine. Wanted to know more about mobile skype versions. For instance. My Dad on iphone 4 can video skype using fring on wifi with my uncle on fring on android on 3g. I don't imagiine for 1 second we'll get an update for fring but apparantly it works well.

ummmm.... try skype.com? i don't understand what you're getting at... you want to know all possible skype video call combinations?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

I want to know user expieriences of skype video calls.

I can ask my fiancee to test it later tonight when we both get home from work. She has an iPod Touch 4G.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I want to know user expieriences of skype video calls.
I had no issues using video skype from the N900 to a Windows PC user. It all went well, phone call lasted over an hour. Hadn't seen the guy since 1975.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
i have had several decent experiences going from my n900 to a windows PC on the other side of the world, both over 3g and wifi

My fiancee video calling from her iPod Touch 4th Gen to me resulted in it turning into a regular skype audio only call. While me trying to call her resulted in me showing video but not seeing hers. She also could not see my video or bring up hers.

So it looks like it doesn't work video call wise.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
thats bcoz iphone's skype doesn't support h.264... if anything were to be blamed, ur n900 would be last.