Notices

Hey.

Happy Newyear!! (its 12 days late, but better late than never).
I have a folder with some songs and want to play all the songs in that folder (i have a number of folders), I dont want to create playlists, i just want to direct the player to a folder and play all the songs in that folder. How do i do this with the default player? is there an app i can download that does this? Thanks

Hell-ll

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ San Jose, Costa Rica
You mean playing a single folder? Download Symfonie from the App manager. That's perfect for you, also you get an Equalizer

The Following User Says Thank You to MamoriNoTenshi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
download an app called symfonie and try it out
i might have spelt it wrong though

The Following User Says Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
@ MamoriNoTenshi and flipalong

Thanks, both you guys (or girls) come up with the same solution. The 'symfonie' app must be really good. I'll try it out and update how it works. Do I have to access the extras or devels repositories? Thanks again.

Originally Posted by hell-ll View Post
@ MamoriNoTenshi and flipalong

Thanks, both you guys (or girls) come up with the same solution. The 'symfonie' app must be really good. I'll try it out and update how it works. Do I have to access the extras or devels repositories? Thanks again.
im a guy
its in extras so no different repositories needed.
its basically a simple media player that does playback through folders instead of playlists. plus its got an equalizer as mamori said

The Following User Says Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
im a guy
its in extras so no different repositories needed.
its basically a simple media player that does playback through folders instead of playlists. plus its got an equalizer as mamori said
Haha, sorry man, just being courteous and making sure i'm addressing the right parties . Thanks for the quick replies will try it out and get back.

Haha, sorry man, just being courteous and making sure i'm addressing the right parties . Thanks for the quick replies will try it out and get back.
dont be sorry
well if you have any problems or queries then feel free to post them!

Hey.

Happy Newyear!! (its 12 days late, but better late than never).
I have a folder with some songs and want to play all the songs in that folder (i have a number of folders), I dont want to create playlists, i just want to direct the player to a folder and play all the songs in that folder. How do i do this with the default player? is there an app i can download that does this? Thanks

Hell-ll
On my device, the folders seem to show up as 'albums' and I can play the album. I'm not sure what turns a folder into an 'album' of if it is just what the player uses to display the folders (if you get my drift!)

Rgrds

F

The Following User Says Thank You to filbert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
dont be sorry
well if you have any problems or queries then feel free to post them!
Hey,

Thanks, I took the app for an all day test drive. It does exactly what i was trying to do . The down sides are:

1)App pauses everytime you push the power button. This can be annoying when trying to lock and unlock the screen.
2)Default audio on App sounds abit weird compared to the default player, but i guess i would have to play with the equalizer (which i have no idea how to use) to get better sound.
3)Volume buttons dont seem to work when screen is locked like it did when using the default player.

All in all i like the app it does what i want, thanks everyone, i really appreciate all your help.

Originally Posted by filbert View Post
On my device, the folders seem to show up as 'albums' and I can play the album. I'm not sure what turns a folder into an 'album' of if it is just what the player uses to display the folders (if you get my drift!)

Rgrds

F
Hello,

I think it may have something to do with the meta tags on the music files in your folder. Originally i would have songs from different albums in their own folder, so it would appear as if the player is grouping the files in the folder and treating the folders an album. If my guess is wrong and your phone is just converting any music folder into albums that's really cool (can you tell me how you did this if this is the case). Thanks