Notices

Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
What Windows are you using?

I installed the SIXAXIS (TM) Support app and sixad daemon. Then downloaded GlovePie to my (WinXP) PC. Changed the BT address in the file "N900" to the one reflected in the "About" in my Settings menu for my N900. Then I plugged the PS3 controller into my PC, run the GlovePie program. After maybe 15 seconds, I unplug it, let it stop flashing/turn off.

Then simply turn BT of via a desktop widget, and push the PS button (on the SixAxis). My BT logo goes from white to blue, and the lights on the SixAxis stop flashing and start flicking through them in order, until it stops on one of the lights (usually number two for some reason). After that, it's connected.
Yes, that's pretty much what I did,except for getting the BT logo turning blue. I'm using Windows XP 32bit (oldschool, I know).

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Maybe remove the SixAxis and sixad app/daemon, reconfigure your PS3 controller with your PS3, and try it all again.

Do you have BT HID Scripts installed? It wouldn't work for me until I removed that package.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Not generally a fan of making my first post on a forum a cry for help, but I've sifted through this entire thread without finding a solution to the issue I've been having.

I'm attempting to pair my DS3 using the libusb/GlovePIE method on a Windows 7 32-bit machine. I'm using libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.2.0 and GlovePIE 0.43. When running the n900.pie file in GlovePIE, holding the PS button on the DS3 doesn't elicit any response from the LEDs on the controller. Is there anything that has to be done prior to running n900.pie in order to make the two interact? I can't help but think libusb actually has to do something, as opposed to just being installed and sitting there.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
You've obviously modified the N900 file in GlovePie to show the correct BT address?

You know it. Didn't remove quotation marks or anything like that either.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Not sure if this is at all relevant, but figured it's probably worth including: I've already set up the DS3 as a gamepad for my PC using the MotioninJoy drivers. Could this possibly be getting in the way?

Can someone describe what should be happening when I'm flashing the sixaxis with glovepie? I mean, what should the flashing lights be doing. Mine just lights up the first one, and stays there - no other lights show and there's no other flashing sequence at all.

Is that correct? I'm thinking something might be going wrong in the flashing process - I've had USB issues in the past. I tried copnnecting the USB cable to the rear of the PC insteasd of the front, but no improvement.

Just managed to get mine working, as it were. When flashing the MAC address with GlovePIE the DS3 vibrated and the 1 LED remained lit. Hope that helps you out a little.

With regards to my own issues, I might as well recount how I fixed them incase someone else has a similar issue. Turns out the entire problem was with libusb; there was no libusb driver installed for the DS3. In the end, I used INF Wizard to create a .inf file and installed it manually. Sorted.

Source: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=47051

It seems that XP was auto-installing the drivers for the Sixaxis. After reading the link posted above, I deleted the driver and forced XP to install the driver created by LibUSB. I tested and it displayed corectly as being driven by LibUSB, not the standard XPdriver.

However, that did nothing to improve my situation. After flashing with glovepie using the newer liUSB drivers installed, I still get no response from my N900.

I have nothing to test my N900's bluetooth with - maybe it is at fault?

(Also,in response to an earlier suggestion, I have noPS3 to reflash the Sixaxis with. Doesn't pressing the pinhole "reset" button on the bottom of the Sixaxis do that, though? Just a guess.)

I reset my own in that fashion after accidentally pairing it with my PC.