Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Thanks .. I asked about gparted as it was mentioned that n900 version of gnu parted already exists.

On the command line parted, is this the one? would you know if this works without issues, did not see confirmation that it is working fine in the link above

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by shin View Post
Thanks .. I asked about gparted as it was mentioned that n900 version of gnu parted already exists.

On the command line parted, is this the one? would you know if this works without issues, did not see confirmation that it is working fine in the link above
that was testing its missing one or two things...

use the one in my sig

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
just in case someone is looking for the link 3 years from now and your sig has changed — gnu-parted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lalomartins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by lalomartins View Post
just in case someone is looking for the link 3 years from now and your sig has changed — gnu-parted
lol... but true thanks

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
@ babieshame:
Short Walkthrough:
This removes MyDocs from the file system, but still all the data on partition /dev/mmcblk0p1 available.
This changes the file sytem type in the partition table from Fat32 to Linux. Still all the data there, but you would get an error after boot.
This wipes the filesystem and the data from the partition, you would stiill be able to recover with extra effort, like testdisk data recovery tool.
This will make the partition usable for the system again, but will not access your data, but make it possible to overwrite it.
This actually overwrites the data with the stuff from your optfs and the content of /home, but only the empty folder MyDocs is copied!
This unmounts the partition formerly known as MyDocs now containing the optfs.

The howto continous to create a new partition table, here called 'table' for simplicity to get the partitions mounted for the next reboot. After you wrote the table to the device, you are ready to reboot. After the reboot you simply create and then mount the new file system for the now smaller MyDocs partition.

Because you first asked about the cp command i guess there is no MyDocs existing any more. Continue like suggestedin the post above with the howto from the "mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt"-step to achieve a working setup. right now you are in the middle of nowhere.
thax for ur help but still my /home(MyDocs) cant be seen in the file manager after trying every step you mentioned,,,its only the sdcard available....Do u think that reflashing will help?...but i have windows 7 and i heard flashing doesnt work on it....thx

The Following User Says Thank You to babyshamie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Well, if you were or are in the middle of some rebuilding process stuck, there is also some risk to make debugging of flashing errors very difficult. So please lets see the output of
Code:
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0
mount

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
it didnt show any error after putting the codes,and i just rebooted but still the same,.

Well..., i wanted to see what changes you made so please paste the output here!

i cant access the storage,where the screenshoo a being stored.. thats the problem..thxx

And is copy and paste no option???