hello every one !!!..
i hve lost my security code can any one tell me to ho to find it or any other solution ........ help appreciated

The Following User Says Thank You to qamber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Search Champ...

If it's a stolen phone - Give it back...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
You have to get the master reset code here http://www.unlocking4u.com/nokia-dct...rvice/rs6wp10/ and also get the unlock instruction in the same site....

The Following User Says Thank You to cute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Scandinavia
Code:
Recovering the N900 phone lock code...

If you forgot your phone lock code or bought the N900 second-hand and can't seem to locate the seller to ask for the phone lock code. You can now get the phone lock code quickly without sending your phone to a service center.

Before you can follow the instructions below, you will need to access the N900's terminal shall and be able to access root privileges. This can be done by running the Application Manager and installing an application called "rootsh".

You will also need a tool on your computer (I assume you are using Ubuntu) called "John the Ripper", go to a terminal shell and type:

$ sudo apt-get install -y john

On your N900, go to the terminal shell and type in the following:

$ sudo gainroot

# echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1): > /home/user/MyDocs/phone_lock_hash

This will create a file called "phone_lock_hash" at path /home/user/MyDocs which you will need to transfer to your Ubuntu computer where "John the Ripper" is installed. The easiest way to transfer the file is to use the USB cable provided and plug the N900 to your computer in "Mass storage mode". You will find the file "phone_lock_hash" in the "Nokia N900" storage device.

Once you've copied the file, you can then start brute forcing the password. Again, go into a terminal shell and type:

$ john -i:digits phone_lock_hash

Depending on the length of the password and the speed of the processor used, it can take anywhere from a split second to a few hours to crack the hash. The "-i:digits" tells the tool to only use numerical digits since the phone only accepts numerical input for the password (this speeds up the brute force process).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to videohese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
As mentioned many times before, please do not post work arounds on here, if the phone lock code is unknown, take the device to the local nokia care centre.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
awkward
new user
1 post
1 thread
weird name
ok
who did u steal it from?
and please, lock code is the only thing i have to save my data if it gets stolen so like the other guy said
dont post workarounds here
u're encouraging ppl like me

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
you "lost" it.
ahmm yees.......

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Don't attack him at once.
qamber: As mentioned in another thread, you may be helped if you show a proof of purchase.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37808
Go to "Last" page.

the odds are against him
its a cruel world son.

logically if i had a new phone with issue, i'd google it..
this looks like it was planned to take the maemo device and ask the maemo community..