So, i called Telefinlands ( My operator, bought the phone from their shop ) customer service, and they told me that its a common problem with this exact device (?).

Kinda odd that they are selling this phone if it has problems like this?
But back to the case.. They said I should drop off it at the closest phone shop, and tell them what happened and they will send it to Telefinland, and from there to repair shop. Warranty fix.

Problem solved. Thanks for everybody who answered!

i m sure flashing will solve your problem.

good , anyways you could have fixed it yourself in no more than 2 minutes (apart from downloading time).

i am just stumped, if you are unsure about reflashing the device then most likely n900 is not for you You may be happier with phones which work out of the box and easy install of apps. Just a suggestion.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Flashing is easy if you follow the instructions on the wiki, and it'll probably take less time than it would just taking it back to the shop. It is most likely that it is what they would do if you take it in for repair, so you might as well just save yourself some time and do it yourself.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Well, I guess what Changegames stated is right than. You're in for a reflash. No need to worry, for despite the numerous threads on the board on the topic, it is not difficult at all, as long as you make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully.

There's a good wiki page on the topic that you can find here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

I guess a kernel only reflash should do the trick for you. Takes a couple of minutes, no more.
I screwed my kernel @ the weekend and followed the wiki above, only took 30 minutes with reading and download time included & I was up & running as normal.

If your going to play with something as fundemental as the kernel, clock speeds etc you need to learn how to fix it when you screw up or just dont play with it!!

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Flashing is not easy. Also u need a 32-Bit Windows. Nowadays it is old-fashioned. Also flashing with Linux is a lot easier!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Flashing is not easy. Also u need a 32-Bit Windows. Nowadays it is old-fashioned. Also flashing with Linux is a lot easier!
I disagree. Flashing is pretty easy as long as you follow the steps carefully.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...ng_the_Flasher

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ssanei View Post
Kinda odd that they are selling this phone if it has problems like this?
The n900 will not go into a reboot loop on its own. BUT... if you start overclocking and installing stuff from extras-devel it is likely to happen at some point. The good thing is that flashing it is relatively easy and can solve 99.99% of all software issues.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.