Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
To me, the Active Forum topics now in blue are harder to read on the N800, and overall the site is more confusing. I haven't seen the site on a full-sized computer.

As much as I really like the new theme, it's close to totally unusable for me.
This is what I get when I go to the site on my N800:

I get nothing but the banner. My N800 has the latest firmware freshly installed (the SD card fix). Java is turned on (turning it off just removes the banner). None of the useful menus show up.

Hopefully this is a short term oversight.

When I checked it on my computer (in firefox) the search menu item no longer has a input box but redirects you to the advanced search page? not good

Last edited by gigabites; 2007-11-09 at 09:58.

Only using this new board for a minute, I noticed the following:
1. Where is the "new posts" button?
2. The advertizing banner covers up 1/2 the menu
3. Either the text is harder to read or the text seems smaller.
4. The menu buttons dont work.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
The global "look & feel" is nice, on a PC. Not tested yet on N800.

Another issue: it seems also the "Mark Forum Read" also disappeared. Or did I miss something?

Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
As much as I really like the new theme, it's close to totally unusable for me.
This is what I get when I go to the site on my N800:

I get nothing but the banner. My N800 has the latest firmware freshly installed (the SD card fix). Java is turned on (turning it off just removes the banner). None of the useful menus show up.

Hopefully this is a short term oversight.

When I checked it on my computer (in firefox) the search menu item no longer has a input box but redirects you to the advanced search page? not good
I have the same issue and I assumed it was because I left Fit Width to View on, but it's the same regardless. It is fine if I switch to MicroB, though it seems like zooming the site takes an abnormally long time.

edit: I do love the new look, can't wait for the minor glitches to be worked out!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
ps : where is hidden the 'new post' function of the forum ?
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
It should be under the 'Quick Links' menu at the top of the forum. Also from the main page, you can click on the 'more' link under the Active Forum Topics.
Reggie - please add back the "New Posts" button as I use this button a lot and I don't want to have to navigate to a floating menu each time (which incidentally doesn't even appear under the menu button it's associated with - it's way off to the right so lots of mouse action to complete what was a simple task).

Relocating the commonly used "New Posts" option to a menu is a backward step in terms of usability, not to mention the option isn't currently present! Please bring back the button!

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
AAwwwwrrr! Gray text on orange background!!! What the hell?! )) Please, make some more eyes friendly combination of colours! Now it's totaly unreadable. Physicaly.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ south germany
Hi,
I prefer for some reasons the "classic style". But where is the old "Mark Forums read" button? Please give me a help!

The N810 style is absolutely not useful for me: Big, heavy, long-time-loading, overcrowded, very poor contrast. I have problems to read dark-grey text on black backgrounds like in the search page. On N800 I need horizontal scrolling with no-full-screen-view and on my PC - Opera on Linux - the layers (pull down menues?) are hanging somewhere on the screen.
Maybe I'm too old for black designs

Please make the classic style useable like before - with all needed buttons/links!
Thx

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
wouldnt "search" be somewhat more useful if there was an area for text input? you know, a search phrase...

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
The blocky fonts for the menu can be hard to read, as well as slightly light gray on slightly dark gray. Also want a new posts button.