Active Topics

Notices

after I type in airmon-ng start wlan0, it says that there are two conflicting processess, both of them are called avahi...tried to kill both but they keep on coming back. Does anyone else have this problem? Need some help...thanks

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
leetut, sorry, I don't know why its doing that. MyDocs is supposed to be a FAT filesystem, I think you can ignore those errors if the files were extracted.

adeeb458, don't run airmon. that puts the wireless into monitor mode, but there's another way to do it. read the readme.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by adeeb458 View Post
after I type in airmon-ng start wlan0, it says that there are two conflicting processess, both of them are called avahi...tried to kill both but they keep on coming back. Does anyone else have this problem? Need some help...thanks
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up

Then to return to normal:

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
ifconfig wlan0 up

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:

thanks for the help but I forgot to mention that I received the errors in the screenshot after the sh load.sh command, so after typing the ifconfig command I get '' ifconfig: STOCGIFFLAGS: No such device '' what should I do.

Originally Posted by adeeb458 View Post

thanks for the help but I forgot to mention that I received the errors in the screenshot after the sh load.sh command, so after typing the ifconfig command I get '' ifconfig: STOCGIFFLAGS: No such device '' what should I do.
go back to the previous step i guess, you screwed something up

He's not using the required wl1 patched kernel.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
If you can't understand simple file systems, I'd love to know why you need access to such a driver.

I can almost understand why Faheem blew his lid and left this place.
to learn, and because i donated, i also have the right to do what i want with my device without asking permission from people with more linux experience than me

and i dont know who Faheem is, or why he blew his lid, infact ive never even seen that name before, but i can certainly see why n00bs joining the forum get a lot of grief!

p.s. i dont know what a vFAT partition is, i dont want to know and i dont need to know

anyway thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated, ive learned so much from you that i feel a special bond towards you now

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
I never said you didn't have the right to do whatever you want with your own hardware. You're in a public space and I'll comment as I see fit.

As for learning?

"p.s. i dont know what a vFAT partition is, i dont want to know and i dont need to know".

'Nuff said. qwerty12 = Faheem.

You might find learning a bit easier, if you actually tried, instead of copying and pasting stuff you found on the internet.

i'm honestly worried you guys are going to break your phones somehow, when a step in the tutorial fails, sometimes you don't seem to notice and continue on... and then post some question about a problem 3 steps later instead. it probably doesn't help that asking too many questions gets you told off too. i hope you guys are fast learners because it looks like you loose either way!
i suggest you look up the commands as you type them in because you'll learn more if you know what is going on, and you're less likely to make a mistake. sometimes the instructions are not clear, and copy & paste can screw up too because you might not know where the line is supposed to start and end.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-01-25 at 03:24.

'uboot-pr13 conflicts with kernel-power' I'm told, while running dpkg on the first deb file in the tutorial.

I'll just remove uboot and try again , but heads up to anyone wanting to use lxp's modded driver - it looks like multiboot may not work alongside the patched kernel that you need to install.

Edit: Removed that package and proceeding with install tutorial ok. There's still some kind of multiloader screen at bootup, so maybe an earlier version than pr1.3

Edit2: Finished tutorial, checked uname -r and power kernel is there but running load.sh doesn't seem to bring the patched kernel online: the output of airmon-ng start wlan0 indicates driver wl12xx and it returns an error reading... ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface linksnor the iw command is available. And then it says I need to download iw. Very well, ok.

I installed bash3 but using sudo gainroot to run these commands, which drops Xterminal back into BusyBox.

Last edited by tehowe; 2011-01-25 at 17:32.

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, tutorial