Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Please, NITDROID group make it posible for the N900 users to forget about Maemo and be able to use one fully operational version of Android with great Google apps, voice calls, sms, gps and all features
We all hope that you are near with making our dream come true with fixes, debugs and updates on Gingerbread.
All the best for the NITDROID group.

hey guys.
just wondering how you guys are getting apps and games?
through market place? cause mine sucks.
had maybe 50 games in total and when searching games/apps hardly anything comes up.
so is their a fix for this ?
cheers brad.

Last edited by met0001; 2011-01-24 at 10:52.

Should I partition my eMMC before I follow the steps listed in OP?

Also is it possible to follow this tutorial and install Gingerbread on a 4gb SD card in My N900?!

If it is,Should I partition the card or anything before I follow this tutorial?!

Last edited by cybermae; 2011-01-24 at 11:34.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
I have a quick question:

In my nokia n900 i have only got ~65MB free space for rootfs and 980MB free for home directory.

So does nitdroid get installed in home directory?
Where do the applications which I install within Nitdroid go? home or myDocs.

It might be a silly questions but I don't want to loose space for Maemo Apps.

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by sansar95 View Post
I AGREE WITH YOU
After almost i think 1.5yrs we are not having one single version of working port.
The team behind should concentrate first to make call and sms working so that if anyone is using can be reachable.
Not every body is rich AND can afford two handset.
Then also all the best to NITDROID group specially e-yes for there wonderful effort
Oh. Sorry. Where is your working port on android on the n900? Because it's so easy right?

Porting it in the first place was impressive. Now they have to deal with closed source drivers. 1.5 years is nothing when you have a job and others things to do with your life.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
Oh. Sorry. Where is your working port on android on the n900? Because it's so easy right?
Owned.

10 chars

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Owned.

10 chars
Agreed. If you want Android. Buy an Android. But let's see it do everything N900 with Maemo can do. I can't find one.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ France
when there'll be gps, fm, camera, call & sms, i'll be proud !!

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by sansar95 View Post
I AGREE WITH YOU
After almost i think 1.5yrs we are not having one single version of working port.
The team behind should concentrate first to make call and sms working so that if anyone is using can be reachable.
Not every body is rich AND can afford two handset.
Then also all the best to NITDROID group specially e-yes for there wonderful effort
Ive seen people like you before, get a life mate. Porting what we have now is impressive, like the other guy said people have their own life and have things to do.

And he is spot on lets see you port over another mobile OS ... No i didnt think so

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by n13903 View Post
Please, NITDROID group make it posible for the N900 users to forget about Maemo and be able to use one fully operational version of Android with great Google apps, voice calls, sms, gps and all features
We all hope that you are near with making our dream come true with fixes, debugs and updates on Gingerbread.
All the best for the NITDROID group.
Sighhhhh buy a f****king andriod phone if u want andriod.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid