Active Topics

Searched and couldn't find a post with a solution. I had to send my phone back to Nokia due to a usb charger. The phone came back fixed but as a clean slate. I reflashed the EMMC as well the firmware with PR1.3. Reinstalled the apps using the backup. I had to twiddle some of the apps but I am having terrible problems with the Nokia messaging.

I keep getting repeated notifications of the emails that I have already received, I am talking about ~ 60 new messages in couple of hours when in reality there is 2-3 new messages sitting in couple of email accounts. I removed the email account completely, rebooted and reinstalled the account, still the same problem. Another issue I had while reinstalling the email account was, Nokia Messaging did not show up when I was looking in provider section. I had to try many times and finally it showed up. I have not changed anything with the Nokia messaging settings online.

Never had this particular issue before I sent the phone. Any suggestions?

TIA!

I had 165 email reminders in the morning .. any help please?

*bump* suggestions?

I'd suggest in order:

1. visit http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action, login and delete/recreate your email account(s)
2. contact nokia support at http://www.nokia.co.uk/support?m=i

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i used the nm since beta testing it years ago.

it was great up until last july, when my account suddenly was considered "never opened" and magically disappeared from thier server.

even afer creating new accounts, over and over and over, to test, while on the phone with nokia.....we could not get it to handle my yahoo email account anymore, no matter the settings we used. so i stoped using it. becasue it became a pita.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
I had 165 email reminders in the morning .. any help please?
I had the same issue, so I restored default settings from the settings menu. The problem wasn't solved at first but after some time the notifications stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to confusedfella For This Useful Post: