Notices

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by devdsp View Post
I respect this work, but if I can get it for free - I`ll do it. More than that > I`ll share it with those who have the same point... This is scene///////
That doesn't sound like respect to me. If there is a genuine reason you can't donate (e.g. you don't have and can't get a paypal account) then fair enough, but don't say you can't afford it because it is not lke he set a minimum amount and you can't be that short of cash if you can afford an N900. There are other valid reasons for not donating, but your attitude comes across as not truly respecting him or his work.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I respect this work, but if I can get it for free - I`ll do it. More than that > I`ll share it with those who have the same point... This is scene///////
People with attitudes like that is why the rest of us can't have nice things. How excactly are you respecting the work if you think you're entitled to it for free? By spreading it further you are only cutting off the funding of the developer, making it less likely that they will spend more time further developing it. I don't know what you mean by your last statement "this is scene"; the warez scene does not share releases with outsiders, and encourages members to purchase the software after trying it. Even they show more respect than you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Does this work with overclocking?
eg; http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...582#post595582

I had it installed, after installing these and doing kernel-config load ideal, the phone would just crash. I probably did something wrong along the way, ive reflashed since then.

Do they both work with eachother?
Also, how would I have it load.sh at startup?

EDIT::
Scrap that, apparently ideal crashes for me even before I install the drivers.
loading ulv works fine, though. Will I get any problems if I install the drivers following the readme still keeping the ulv kernel?

EDIT::
Got it working.

Last edited by azkay; 2011-01-21 at 08:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Fixed it myself. Ignore me (:

Last edited by Captwheeto; 2011-01-21 at 20:14.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
So if you could get away with shoplifting at a local store, even though you know the local shop owner will probably take a pretty big hit financially, you'd still do it? Would you tell others how to steal from that shop owner? That's "scene" too, for adolescent punks that wind up in juvenile detention.

Getting something for free isn't always the best way to do it. Not supporting something you enjoy, respect, or use is the best way to kill it, or at least see that item or service not have a long life and/or expansions. People rip off software and then wonder why years later there's not a sequel to it, or why the company went out of business when they had such a popular game. Mentalities of "scene" people like this are key reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No. No it magically stopped needing to use the custom kernel sometime between now and the last time someone asked just a couple pages ago.
You know the thread layout on this forum isn't exactly conducive to quickly locating a tree of replies to a particular question/comment within each topic. So save the drama for your moma.

Cheers!

Is it possible to use these patches against the stock kernel? I am not too keen on installing using power kernel, since i have my own kernel which is very close to stock.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
So if you could get away with shoplifting at a local store, even though you know the local shop owner will probably take a pretty big hit financially, you'd still do it? Would you tell others how to steal from that shop owner? That's "scene" too, for adolescent punks that wind up in juvenile detention.
Big moral difference between the two. By shoplifting you are taking away something that the store legally owns. A better analogy would be if I walked into a store, looked over, say a toy car, then went home and made one just like it. There is no such thing as "stealing" software. Whoever wrote it still has it.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I just donated 1€ (haven't gotten my link yet, but I ain't in a hurry). It might seem really low to some people but I can't help it; being unemployed for a good long time now I can hardly afford anything. Would like to donate more, but then again, if I could afford to just throw money away I'd donate to something a bit more meaningful, like children's hospitals. That is though not meant to derogate the OP's work in any way, it's great he does all this and I atleast am grateful for it

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
Is it possible to use these patches against the stock kernel? I am not too keen on installing using power kernel, since i have my own kernel which is very close to stock.
Yeah, as long as you can modify the kernel config and can compile out-of-tree kernel modules (compat-wireless) it should be possible, but it will most likely never work with the stock kernel itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251