Poll: Would you use a server offering free tablet services? (Jabber/E-mail/etc...)
Poll Options
Would you use a server offering free tablet services? (Jabber/E-mail/etc...)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I just want to formally say that anything I write for Jablet is free for you to use for LDUG if you need/want it.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Anything that I write, unless requested otherwise, is automatically released under the "do whatever the hell you want with it, but if it blows up or eats your dog it's not my fault" license

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
lol. Cool.

Actually zero ldug and jablet will be so different I'm not sure how much can be shared. LDUG will be like most user group sites: fairly static, with the "live" stuff limited to meeting notices, events, etc. However, I would like to find a way to sync user registrations. Since jablet has the traction now, perhaps when ldug is up and running as I hope there will be a registration option such as "would you like to use your jablet user account?". Also, as previously noted, ldug will be positioned as a "sponsor" of jablet. Since the goal of ldug is to go beyond just Nokia's offerings, that may open up whole new macroscope vistas for jablet (sorry, had to work that ugly pun in).

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ North Carolina
Pixel and R2D2 email me if you need jaiku invites I have a few left....

Dave