Active Topics

i connected my n900 to my computer via USB and was trasfering music when i accidentally removed the usb while it was transfering. i was on mass storage mode when this happened.

on my n900, i went to my media player, there was no music, i went to photos, nothin der, i went to file manager, it shows only my memcard, nothing else...

i reconnected my n900 to my computer via usb, and selected mass storage. i tried double clicking on the drive that is supposed to be my internal storage and it askes me if i want to format it.

i tried removing the battery sim card memory card ... put it back ... no change.

this thread is a continuation of "this is new i m guessn and oso dumb.... i need help!"

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Please stop triple posting, it becomes difficult to follow the discussion of your issue, if the answers got spread in three threads.
As much as i can understand your frustration right now, please bear in mind that this is not IRC, you have to give people some time to find your thread and to answer it.

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-01-26 at 10:29.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, near Hamburg
Had the same problem once, you have to flash eMMC. Look into the wiki its all there.

sorry buddy

thx cutter

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
I think you can also fix it when you attach the phone via USB to your PC. It should show u a window saying scan the drive for errors. Do that and it should fix your problem...

Okay, giving in. Here from the other thread:

Do you have rootsh from extras installed?
If so run a file system check from within your N900
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
The umount command should give you an error, because the partition is not mounted, but it is safer this way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Sounds like you have interrupted the write process of the USB card which can have an effect on the file system, basically corrupting it, making it unreadable to an OS. That is why your windows PC is asking to format, that is it's usual response to an unknown or undetectable file system. Happens a lot as flash drives meet magnets or get dropped or damaged etc.

Formatting and trying again will work, scanning might only work if the write process didn't corrupt your file table, if that helps scanning won't do much. The disk itself won't be damaged but there simply won't be a structure with which to build on.

Think a library with the books on shelves in a neat order, now take away all the shelves and leave the books in a pile on the floor, you might still have all the books lying round but without a shelving system no one can understand where things might be.

Format the memory card and start again. If that means flashing then you might have to bite the bullet.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

micha ... its sayn it cant find mydocs ... i guess i hav to flash it... how do i flash dis item? ... the last fone i used is a blackberry 8100 ... its ancient so is my flashin skills :P ...

Then try
Code:
sudo gainroot
mount -a