Notices

Here is a QML one demoed at developer days last year using pathviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3ghPikHAs

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Rockbox also has CoverFlow (good thing it is only a plugin thing as I personally hate it)

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
This is a good idea, BUT! Does the N900 have enough memory to handle it?
This thing stutters and freezes just scrolling through my books (TXT's/PDF's) and worse when scrolling through the music folder.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Actually, Rockbox runs on targets with far less resources than the n900, so that is not the problem.

The real issue is that Rockbox was designed to run all by itself (it is also the OS on normal mp3 players), and had to be tweaked to run as an app. While Thomas (kugel) did a great job porting Rockbox to run as an app (GSoC project last year), there's probably room for improvement

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
This is a good idea, BUT! Does the N900 have enough memory to handle it?
This thing stutters and freezes just scrolling through my books (TXT's/PDF's) and worse when scrolling through the music folder.
Using QML, the delegates (objects that hold the thumbnail and metadata) are deleted from memory when not in view (unless the developer sets a cache buffer), so the memory usage is not dependent on the number of items in the list, but instead depends on the number of items currently on screen (which is small).

I have implemented a coverflow view for my QML rewrite of cuteTube, complete with transitions when switching between listview and coverflow, and I can say that scrolling performance is very nice. I'm going to prettify it to make it look closer to the N8 version. Here's a couple of screenshots of the current state:

EDIT: Video demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENISAKOcZ-g

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-01-26 at 12:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Using QML, the delegates (objects that hold the thumbnail and metadata) are deleted from memory when not in view (unless the developer sets a cache buffer), so the memory usage is not dependent on the number of items in the list, but instead depends on the number of items currently on screen (which is small).

I have implemented a coverflow view for my QML rewrite of cuteTube, complete with transitions when switching between listview and coverflow, and I can say that scrolling performance is very nice. I'm going to prettify it to make it look closer to the N8 version. Here's a couple of screenshots of the current state:

woww nice to see that.

could it be great if become default music player.

eventhough it just cutetube.