Active Topics

On my n900 I just go in contact and export everything as a vCard 3.0 and everything get saved on my my microsd card. Them I go on my android device, put the card in, open the contacts manager, menu key, import from sd card and just import all. I have a Samsung phone but I assume it will be the same on yours.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
Originally Posted by southwalesboy View Post
Any tool to upload online then pull back down to android?
What about Mail For Exchange syncing to gmail? from there probably is already done for whatever android phone you use, and even get those contacts back to the N900 if you miss it.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
the only thing i love in HTC desire Z is the HTC sense. :/

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
I have some idea about it. I am thinking about one app(service), which synchronize all contacts and calls after boot between maemo, android and meego.

You should be able to just save contacts to the sim card and transfer over, its how Ive always switched phones.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
As some of you might remember I lost my N900 last month

I have backups of my contacts and sms made with OVI suite.

Is there any way to view and export to other formats without an N900 connected?
I have an old Nokia phone here that I can connect to OVI suite if there is no other way.

PS: I have now an HTC Desire HD, did a full wipe and installed Android Revolution HD, no bloatware and no HTC sense, I use Launcher pro instead.
And dammit, I almost feel happy that I lost my N900. This thing just flies and I am still running it at stock speeds, I can easily overclock this baby up to 1.4 GHz