Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Ok I'm not sure if anyone of you guys have every been on weight watchers but its a diet plan that uses a math formula to calculate a foods point value. Here is the formula they use.

Where:
p = Points
c = Calories
f = Fat Grams
r = Dietary fiber Grams

(Note: min{r, 4} equals the number of grams of dietary fiber or 4, whichever is smaller. In other words, only the first 4 grams of fiber "count.")

I am wanting a little program to run on the Tablets that does this. I have one that does it in html but I was thinking a stand alone program would be cool. I know most programers could do this in under an hour. Please if anyone is willing let me know. I will compensate you if I can.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Makes me hungry just looking at it.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I've been using Weight Watcher's Calc for Palm under GarnerVM. It's really hard to find the .prc file to install so if you're interested, PM me your email and I'll send it to you along with foodlists.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Alright, I just attempted to make a simple tool in Python to do the job. This is actually my first coding experience in Python, and overall it went quite well I believe. The hard part was fighting with PyPackager, only to realize that it needed to be run as root..

Anyway, a package for a very simple weight watchers points calculator is attached. Let me know if you find anything wrong with it, or you would like something to work differently.
Attached Files
File Type: deb WeightWatchers-1.0.0-1_all.deb (5.5 KB, 281 views)

Woops! Just realized that that deb places a bad file in the folder /usr/share/applications/hildon that causes the personal menu configuration to crash if you try to add an already-available application. This new deb doesn't add that file, and removes it if it exists. Sorry about that!
Attached Files
File Type: deb WeightWatchers-1.0.0-2_all.deb (5.6 KB, 271 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
sweet I will try it out when I get home.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
The hard part was fighting with PyPackager, only to realize that it needed to be run as root..

I've always run it as myself without problems. The trick is to place your filesystem inside a dummy directory that is also owned by you. That way when it places the .deb files in ../ it's also owned by you.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
<snip>The hard part was fighting with PyPackager,
<snip>
and
sweet I will try it out
Ok so you are packing pies for a weight watchers program?
And the consumer finds them sweet?

No weight loss there
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by brontide View Post

I've always run it as myself without problems. The trick is to place your filesystem inside a dummy directory that is also owned by you. That way when it places the .deb files in ../ it's also owned by you.
Yeah, that was my fault. I had created the directory as root because I was using SSH to transfer the files. I also had a problem because somehow the pylauncher configuration file was owned by root, so I was having trouble launching python programs from the command line to diagnose the problem...

I got it all figured out though

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
WW have changed their scheme over here in the UK; they have so far released an iPhone app... maybe some of the community could engage with them and help port a mobile ProPoints app to QT?

Get it packaged for Maemo, Meego and Symbian?