Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssspeq View Post
It was on ubuntu 10.10. Yes, it did break on its own. If today happens to be a day that has a scandinavian character in it then my app will not deploy because the changelog file gets a scandinavian character in it. So yes, a bugreport is probably what I should do
Already done (turns out its not the non-ascii char, but the language itself), track http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-3589

Originally Posted by kojacker
Im hoping that a simple file selector will become part of the QML activities in the not too distant future.
Yes, sorry about the delay - I expect that once the basics are done, that will come too. If fact, as QML takes off I see a potential interest/market for fancypants elements provided by 3rd parties - plugins and QML elements are not that difficult to make, are easy to distribute and even easier to integrate into your projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Damn, Nokia, spend some of your billions and get some caching server action going! I'm used to 1-2MB/s downloads, now I'm getting 10% of that. This would be less annoying if this wasn't the 3rd Qt thing I've installed tonight, which I will blame on your confusing site with too many Qt SDKs and IDEs.

GODDAMMIT
98% 99% "you are running low on disk space"
*empties recycle bin*
FAIL TO WRITE 0 BYTES; CANCELING INSTALLER

And I now have 6GB free on my C drive again. How about you n00bs make a ****ing installer that
a) tells you the space requirements
b) doesn't take 6GB in temp space when the offline installer is only 1.6GB

WTF

don't take it personally. I yelled at my computer too.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-02-01 at 15:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Does anyone know why i get this "error", when i try to run the app on my N900?:

I made a test-app and pressed the green arrow (compile and run) like i did on the previous sdk. It seems like, the deb made by the sdk does not really install the app on my N900 because i cant find it (despite the fact that exists in FAM/HAM ). Do i have to do something more on the new sdk?
Nobody ? What do you guys do? Do you write a program compile it and the deb works fine without changing anything?

Last edited by BLIZZARD; 2011-02-01 at 15:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Nobody ? What do you guys do? Do you write a program compile it and the deb works fine without changing anything?
Yes, the deb mostly works for me.
You can do a:
dpkg -L <packageName>
to list the files that the package has installed. It probably is installed in a directory you're not expecting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Yes, the deb mostly works for me.
You can do a:
dpkg -L <packageName>
to list the files that the package has installed. It probably is installed in a directory you're not expecting.
Nope, i tried that. The deb installs all the files (ex. .desktop file) except the executable one (should be installed in /opt/usr/bin/). Should i reinstall the SDK?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Nope, i tried that. The deb installs all the files (ex. .desktop file) except the executable one (should be installed in /opt/usr/bin/). Should i reinstall the SDK?
What does the .desktop file point to? An nonexistent file?
Anything in the compile output of the SDK?
I imagine from your signature you're using the Linux version on Ubuntu, which is what I'm using too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
blizzard, have a look to your project's path name, it should not contain any spaces. It seems that when the project path has spaces then the creator is not able to upload the deb and create the directories on the target device.

I also had the same problem with the previous sdk. There should also be a warning in the compile output tab.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaco For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Damn, Nokia, spend some of your billions and get some caching server action going! I'm used to 1-2MB/s downloads, now I'm getting 10% of that. This
Nokia actually does that... I have a 10Mbit connection and pretty much manage to fill it when downloading Qt stuff, so not sure what went wrong for you there :S

would be less annoying if this wasn't the 3rd Qt thing I've installed tonight, which I will blame on your confusing site with too many Qt SDKs and IDEs.
Agreed, the final 1.1 when the silly distinction of SDKs and IDEs goes away can't come too soon.

And I now have 6GB free on my C drive again. How about you n00bs make a ****ing installer that
a) tells you the space requirements
n00bs say that's probably a regression as I recall space requirements being checked at start (see http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-249 for a screenshot of what you get if you fail that).

b) doesn't take 6GB in temp space when the offline installer is only 1.6GB
IIRC what kills you space-wise is the zillion files that take up various amounts of space depending on the file system parameters. Might be talking rubbish, tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
The packaging in Qt Creator is completely broken. See my comments about it in the 2nd page too.

Achipa said that the newest nightly release of Qt Creator has this problem solved. (eg. you can disable packaging)

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Nokia actually does that... I have a 10Mbit connection and pretty much manage to fill it when downloading Qt stuff, so not sure what went wrong for you there :S

Agreed, the final 1.1 when the silly distinction of SDKs and IDEs goes away can't come too soon.

n00bs say that's probably a regression as I recall space requirements being checked at start (see http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-249 for a screenshot of what you get if you fail that).

IIRC what kills you space-wise is the zillion files that take up various amounts of space depending on the file system parameters. Might be talking rubbish, tho.

Yeah i traced the download and it's coming through "limelight networks" (i think) apparently based in temple, arizona. And this is at like midnight so I am not sure why it's so slow either.

The online installer doesn't check the free disk space, the offiline one did, it wanted about 6 gigs so I had to install it to another drive. I was trying to avoid that because "another drive" in my case is a RAID-5 array with 64kb cluster size, so VERY bad for lots of little files.

finally got it installed, so its size is 7.20GB, size on disk is 14.4GB, contains 132,036 files and 10,141 folders.
seems a little excessive, but I guess the Qt Creator loads fast, so I can't complain too much.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-02-02 at 02:51.

Tags
qtquick, qtsdk