Closed Thread
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Very odd. It never happened to me before CSSU. I think I found a pattern. It happens mostly the first time. Just like only the first link from desktop lets the bookmarks window behind. All subsequent links work fine.

Can I reliably reproduce this bug? I like it
I was seeing this behavior before CSSU. I think it was happening whenever I clicked an email link and went straight to a new browser window--i.e. when i did not start with the bookmarks page and it had nothing to go back to.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas
Do you 5 general apps updates or 5 CSSU updates? As I have had none so far of the latter.

l have also had issues with my meamo & CSSU repo's not wanting to update but think I have solved by unenabling extras etc, maybe a roots space issue?, but I have still not got any CSSU updates.
No not general updates. I had 5 CSSU updates... hildon-desktop, hildon-home etc... but since initial install no more updates. I expected no problems with the my-maemo repo (I added the repo after the CSSU repo). About the CSSU repo i am not sure because there are no more updates since initial

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
You need rootsh installed for this to work[not the community update, but the code below].
Please show the output of
Code:
df -h
sudo gainroot
apt-get -f update
apt-get install community-ssu-enabler
Interesting, looks like it updated properly using apt-get.

I do have maemodder, maybe that is what was conflicting with the CSSU. I didn't disable it though... hopefully it doesnt break.
EDIT: nvm , false victory. I'll try the maemodder changes.
EDIT2: nope, didn't help.
As for what I got from the xterminal. how can i copy-paste what I get from there?

Last edited by LagunaCid; 2011-02-04 at 00:18.

Anybody know how to reinstall modest to older,working version without reflashing?

I have tryed apt-get install --reinstall modest with CSSU disabled but it doesn't work.
Any workaround someone?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
I just got an update today (hildon-desktop)

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
yup... works still for me.

probably just a reboot or something to solve it?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
CSSU disabled?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
moderators,

can this thread be merged with the other CSSU thread : "[Council] Maemo 5 gets community OS updates (161)" ?

No need to repeat things there and vice versa. Thanks.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
can this thread be merged with the other CSSU thread : "[Council] Maemo 5 gets community OS updates (161)" ?
The "[Council]" thread would become buried in this one. If the key players in the CSSU project don't mind having that other thread starter lost in the middle of this thread, I'll happily merge.

So by checking out Details -> Problems for the update, i got:
Unable to update
Application packages missing: modest (>= 3.90.7-3)
which is very weird

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade