Closed Thread
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Here's a little fictional bedtime story

Once upon a time an analyst for an investment bank was looking to buy something extra special for his girl friend for Valentine's Day. He checked the vault and found - uh-oh! Almost empty from the meltdown from all the bad loans he had made prior to 2008!

So he sat and he thought and he thought and he sat. Then it came to him - I'll short a tech stock and refill the vault and baby-sugar-honey-cakes will be be able to have a nice Valentine's Day gift after all.

But then he sat and thought and sat some more. What's the best way to short a tech stock? He thought and he sat and he sat and he thought. I know, I'll trash some foreign company in a far away land that many people can not find on the map. I'll suggest that they are following a bad path and will be a major failure if they do not do what I suggest. Then I'll suggest something stoop-id but plausible. I'll get an information hungry blog to parrot my words and then I'll cash in when the stock falls a half a point based on all the negative buzz.

The ridiculous analysis written, he fires it off to various blogs and one, maybe two bite. The stock drops a fifth of a point and baby-sugar-honey-cakes gets to have her present. Not as nice of a present as it would have been had the stock fallen a full half point but more than enough to ensure there will be some rare physical affection in the late evening of 14 February for the banker. The banker pats himself on the back and wonders "Maybe next time I ought to clue in the blog so they can make a penny too. Nah."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Anyway, I hope that you guys defend your significant others as hard as you defend Nokia.

The article does happen to accomplish one thing... if MeeGo can just show up, it's already going to be a whole lot better than this dude's expectations and declarations.

Sorta like a win-win situation if you look at it via my eternal optimistic way.

Last edited by Reggie; 2011-02-04 at 05:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nokia will have the last laugh if it produces

Tablets, Phones, and other integrated-devices (netbooks/appliances) running MeeGo ... if those devices are high-end, and if it can produce a really good user experience, have the software run closer to the hardware (ie faster than Android), have a really good developer-kit where developers can make applications relatively easily, just once, and have it work on multiple-platforms.

Yeah Nokia will have the last laugh, I hope.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
It's time for Nokia to deliver. Their problem is not strategy ("Should we go Android, WP7 or stick with Qt/Meego/Symbian???"), but execution. Their Strategy is sound (Qt/Meego/ Symbian).

This guy seems to agree: Informationweek - Why Nokia Needs To Go It Alone).
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...Sfeed_IWK_News

Nothing new there, but a nice write up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cBeam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Nokia will have the last laugh when they see N9 triple boots Meego, Android and WP7
u 4got maemo !

Nothing to see here. Move on folks.

Closed Thread