Active Topics

I think you can buy other maps, because I saw on Navicore website that they have available all the Western European countrys.

Also I confirm the charger issue, the default one for N800 charges faster then the other ones

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
And I think it should come with a one year worldwide warranty included, no matter where you've bought it.
Does anyone know what I need to do to enable the worldwide warranty? I don't have an invoice because I ordered my N800 from eBay, USA. Does the serial number itself enough? Or do I have to register my product or so?

ps.: USPS is crap.. My N800's box was a full wet mess when I got it!! Fortunately the seller packed it very carefully so the device was in a perfect condition. The original Nokia box stopped the water. But it was a shock!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Nokia Maps software is already available, for free, to Nokia cellphones.
I am sure the US tablets are preloaded with US maps, while EU one with Western Europe ones and so on.. but I don't see why it should not work with other maps as well (again, for free: you only pay the voice navigation [and probably some other premium features, like real time traffic and so on] for 69€ / 3 years, if I remind it correctly).

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by szucsati View Post
Does anyone know what I need to do to enable the worldwide warranty? I don't have an invoice because I ordered my N800 from eBay, USA. Does the serial number itself enough? Or do I have to register my product or so?
Not sure about this. Some companies are happy with the serial number, some are not. Try to check this on the Nokia website, may be writing to them and asking.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by szucsati View Post
ps.: USPS is crap.. My N800's box was a full wet mess when I got it!! Fortunately the seller packed it very carefully so the device was in a perfect condition. The original Nokia box stopped the water. But it was a shock!
I received 3 packages via USPS (one of them being my n800 ) with no problem whatsoever. Maybe I've just been lucky.
In fact I prefer USPS to FedEx/UPS, since it's easier to escape custom duties with USPS, while FedEx/UPS charge extortionate fees for processing (maybe that's the cause they don't escape customs: they want you to pay their fees).

I'm curious about the reason for the price difference. Does Europe have a higher sales tax than the US? Or, is it because Bush has managed to wreck the US dollar?

(Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.)

The sales tax in Europe varies between ~ 17% and 25% afaik. So yes, it's higher than in the US.

Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
I'm curious about the reason for the price difference. Does Europe have a higher sales tax than the US? Or, is it because Bush has managed to wreck the US dollar?

(Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.)
Tax in holland is 19% + weak dollar = 40 % discount....

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
The sales tax in Europe varies between ~ 17% and 25% afaik. So yes, it's higher than in the US.
Well, that would justify a 17% to 25% difference, not a 50% to 100% one (speaking of electronic gadgets in general, not only the tablets).
Edit: btw, over here is 16%

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ The Netherlands
Dont forget the import taxes. Everything i got from America or Japan i had to pay. (not on books).

http://www.douane.nl/particulier/internetaankopen.html

Dutch site