Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Recently my USB port has broken and I sent it to Nokia Care. The good news are that they've returned me with a new motherboard and with no costs!!

i called the support line told them its been 2 weeks and still no update. they escalated to warranty department. i received a call the next afternoon. they told me it was unrepairable and a they are sending a NEW unit out to me. i just simply had the usb mount fall out. but phone worked fine otherwise. so, ive gotta wait another like 10 days to receive.
So, call them up USA phone # 1-888-665-4228

Last edited by rockingrob5150; 2011-02-02 at 14:17. Reason: typos

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Not impressed, my USB port is not right very difficult to get my device to charge.

I have had to jack my port to the correct position with plastic shims as a temporary measure.

Question:-

I'm assuming many have sent there device back after overclocking to be fixed under warranty, has anyone been refused warranty repair or replacement due to this?

I am also considering not getting it fixed & just buying a couple of extra batteries and an external battery charger but don't like the odds on never having to reflash again!!

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
USB completely gone now and the desktop charger i ordered hasn't arrived.

That means i cant send my device off as all my stuff is still stuck on it...........................This Sucks, im getting withdrawal systems now!

Hmm i finally experienced the dead USB port after a year and 2 months. where did you guys send your phones (address)? did you have to get an RMA number first?

For all u guys who were lucky to get it repiared, or replaced, how long have you had the device? Was long is ur warrenty? anyone out of warrenty by maybee 1-2 months still got thiers repiared at no cost??

I know i am 2 months out of warranty and i overclocked it. wondering if i should revert back to stock in case of warranty issues.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
MY USB Port just fell out and I'm going to go and buy a Nexus S. Problem is, how do I backup my contacts if I can't connect USB anymore?

I was thinking bluetooth but can someone give me the steps on what to do on the N900 and where to back them up on the Computer?

Then I want to save them into my Google Account so the Nexus S can just update the contacts on the phone OTA (over the air).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
MY USB Port just fell out and I'm going to go and buy a Nexus S. Problem is, how do I backup my contacts if I can't connect USB anymore?

I was thinking bluetooth but can someone give me the steps on what to do on the N900 and where to back them up on the Computer?

Then I want to save them into my Google Account so the Nexus S can just update the contacts on the phone OTA (over the air).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Shove a microSD into the microSD slot and do a backup into that (the contact app can export to a file), I believe you could import that either into google or into the phone itself.

Hi, I Have Been Reading Over A Bunch Of These Post....And I Am Wondering If There Is Anyway To Find Out Which Nokia N900's Have The Problem With The USB Charging Port? I Just Ordered One From Amazon So I Won't Have A Warranty.

Also If There Is No Way Of Telling Which Nokia N900's Have The Defective Port......Would That Mean That All The Nokia N900 USB Ports Will.....Someday......Break?.................

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty