Active Topics

this problem appeared when I updated my linux kernel and raw file viewer yesterday. after updating, when I tried to open my camera lens to take some pictures, it didn't open and showed 'operation failed' I tried using BlessN900 but the application just closes by itself. other apps such as low light and HDR shows me a message that there is an 'internal camera driver error'.

at first I thought the problem was on the raw file viewer app so I deinstalled it but the problem still exists. I don't want to deinstall the kernel because there is a chance that I might brick my N900.

please help me find a solution for this problem guys.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
You could have found the solution yourself had you searched.
Look for titans updated fcam drivers.

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
You could have found the solution yourself had you searched.
Look for titans updated fcam drivers.
where? in the apps? I updated my catalog but there is no upgrade for the titan.

Hello,
My camera was apparently working fine with the software that came with the N900, then I installed both Bless900 and FCamera (and with them, the FCamera drivers). The next time I tried to use the camera it did not work. Openning the camera shudder gave an "Operation Failed" error message. I tried to run the Bless900 app, but it closed immediately. FCamera would run, but was clearly buggy - one got a grey screen instead of a picture, and it would hang the N900 on an attempt to quit. I deinstalled FCamera, Bless900 and the FCamera drivers, then the camera started working again.

Annoyingly, based on other suggestions I reformated the MyDocs VFAT32 partition before attempting the above, but of course that not only didn't help, I lost everything in there (replacable, yes, but annoying).

So, clearly, FCamera seems to be buggy.

Greg Huey

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
First of all, there are no FCamera drivers. They are FCam drivers.

It seems that you installed Bless900 first and nothing worked after that. Wouldn't it make more sense to suspect that Bless900 is buggy and messed things up instead of FCamera being the quilty one?