Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I am so happy I sold my Nokia stock for a profit a while back.
Then why the hell are you on this forum ??????.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
I'm just making the point that if something is YOUR opinion, it doesn't have to be so in the real world...

I think the Iphone is a phone not suited for me, but does that make it a bad phone? (appearantly not because there are many users)
I served notice long ago in writing on this site that henceforth everything I said was in my opinion. I don't need to state that -- it's in the footnotes and small print.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by philh View Post
"Windows Phone as its primary smartphone strategy" ???

Looks like the N900 is my last Nokia.

Was good while it lasted, have a good life.
Same for me.
N900 is my first Nokia and it looks like it is my last one.

Nokia probably will gain some customers in USA
but it will loose many in the rest of the world.
Rising markets like China are looking for Linux
( e.g. http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=170700943 ) and Nokia is going
into the opposite directory.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ME2g For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
And I am making the obvious point (that you will learn in time) that:

most popular!=the best
I agree: VHS was better than Betamax?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Then why the hell are you on this forum ??????.
Gee, I don't even own Nokia stock. How much do you own? I didn't know that supporting Nokia's stock was our duty...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
n900 was my first "smart phone" and my first Nokia phone. It may or may not be my last.

Maemo (now MeeGo) is probably not dead - it has been in development for some years - way before it was used on phones - n700,770,800 etc. Just because they decide to sell MSware as on their flagship "smart phones" doesn't mean the nxx0 line is dead and buried.

I have never had a want or need for a "smart phone" but then the n900 came along and was pretty much a mobile computer in my pocket with tonnes of storage (pocket NAS) - that happened to be a media player and a phone and hack ground too, that sat on my LAN like any other of my PC/laptop (no windows/no mac here) - I was sold.

So once my contract is up I will most likely cancel it and keep my n900 on payG untill Nokia (or some1else) comes out with something similar.

Whilst this is probably not most peoples opinion i'm sure I am not alone.

I have no want for WP7 , certainly not iOS and the rediculous dictatorship ecosystem, and am struggling to like android from a development point of view. I like my n900 and I will stick with it until it breaks or somebody releases something as appealing to _me_.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mangodan2003 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
I fully concur with the sentiments expressed that this is, in effect, a Nokia/Microsoft suicide pact! My next phone will now, beyond doubt, be a Nexus S or similar.
Moto Atrix looks pertty nice to me. Android phone (meh) with Linux desktop when docked. I see this easily replacing my irrational tablet/pad craving with something vastly more useful.

V.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Gee, I don't even own Nokia stock. How much do you own? I didn't know that supporting Nokia's stock was our duty...
Your yet another hard lined spammer then as goes for anyone on this forum that does not own a Nokia device.

Seems the truth always has a way of coming out and the very reason i have and never will listen to you on this forum along with a few others i might add !!!.

I hope Flop's enumeration package to 100% based on stock options priced just prior to the revelation of his vision for the ms-nokia union ie. his effective changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
fck. My head hurts. I just thought that meego could have been OS for evey single cpu-chip in my house in next 10 years or something and Nokiaīs smartphone would be the center piece of my automated household. Key to success would be fully open ground level OS so that every vendor can participate. FCK SAKE..that was winning strategy and now this? In last year I have seen hundreds of meego job announcements and tens of Meego/Qt courses across media here in Finland. Our whole mobile SW industry was slowly going for it and now this! It will take 2-3 years before they manage to output any decent windows 7 phone with services. I would have understood if they had sifted totally to Meego. Elop doesnīt understand that itīs not all about smartphones anymore itīs much much much bigger picture. Itīs bigger than what MS is currently trying to deliver. We should speak about OS that you can install to your refrigeration, air conditioning automation. And center piece would be smartphone that identifies you and holds all the recorded tv-programs to contacts and EVERYTHING inside. Has maps and when I take it to car it automatically connects with my car OS and shows stuff on screen. FckAss

And Bing...WTF seriously? Who cares?

Last edited by slender; 2011-02-11 at 09:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org