Active Topics

Why this post?...because, I feel inspired...

I think that we (N900ers) are aboard the last incredible vessel of Nokia. The biggest, fastest,record breaking soon to be legend N900 is going down and Nokia as a standalone, innovative and autonomous supplier aswell.

I just had a moment as I was checking HP evident offer and I realized that the market just got it's final player lined up : full range of products, solid product and marketing (actually just lined up with rest). If all converge like the OS market : we now have all contenders ready and armed. No room for Nokia as it is,...my guess (and the ceo's).

Still, exactly like the Titanic I fell in love just before I sink into cold waters : N900 you rock!
It takes the end of what you symbolize -a linux device, almost mainstream, almost finished, almost open, almost everything, and almost my last phone/tablet- to realize that one has to loose something to trully understand the value of it.

And we have some heros too: the kernel-ers, the SSU-ers, the QT-ers, the GPL-ers, the patch-ers, the moderat-ers...and of course the su**-ers, and finally the heros' lov-ers (me,me,me).

But here comes the cold and sharp market and it just cuts deep into this love story and paramounts the heros work while waking up the lovers with cold water...

Well, if you ask me : I'd rather wake up like this than spending my live in some dream matrix managed by "ze" others.

I don't care from whom I buy my next product, I just hope it exists!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atz6975 For This Useful Post: