Sorry to post this link twice, but I agree with Intel that MeeGo still can have a good future - it just may not be Nokia's devices that bring it to us.
And it's the best time for other device vendors to step in: http://home.kairo.at/blog/2011-02/de...hink_meego_now

The Following User Says Thank You to KaiRo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
nokia is born as an original but will soon dies as a copycat....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sula View Post
Well this isn't the right time to pick a fight, I believe we will need each-other in this forum more than ever now, so I apologize to anyone I managed to offend by venting my frustration over the choices that has been made concerning Maemo/MeeGo/Nokia lately.
No offense taken -- just a joke calls for a joke.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
I don't think that would fit Nokia's new business plan.
Didn't Elop say they still intend to release their Meego phone?

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Didn't Elop say they still intend to release their Meego phone?
Yes, they will release one MeeGo device this year(device meaning it can also be a tablet).

Who the heck knows if nokia will release a meego phone...hell with their track record, who knows if they will even release a windows phone. Boy you would have to actively try to fumble and fail as much as Nokia has of late.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Yes, they will release one MeeGo device this year(device meaning it can also be a tablet).
Who would want it, now? Assuming it gets released with all the restrictions and closed-source that Nokia is famous for slapping onto devices. I've heard the arguments that MeeGo is open-source but Linux is open-source, Debian is open-source, but somehow Nokia managed to turn something open-source into a closed-core nightmare with Maemo before. Why are they taking so long to release their own image of MeeGo for a handset if they're not spending a ton of time to DRM and close-source shoehorn the hell out of it? :P

I doubt I'd want whatever they release, now, given their history.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
intel meego, no-kia, sweaty nards