Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Lot of people must think the same thing...

In Amazon top sellers (unlocked phones) N900 is at spot 15.

For perspective, first WP7 phone is at spot 68.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My gut feeling is that a flood of cheap N900s is going to hit the market soon. Of course, my gut is sometimes wrong.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
To OP: Absolutely NOT! It's an utter piece of junk that has been abandoned by its' manufacturer. Forget it, there are MANY better options out there.

By the way, the so-called support by the "community" is the biggest hoax in the history of mobile industry. Unless you're interested in half finished "apps" written by bored Linux fanatics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
To OP: Absolutely NOT! It's an utter piece of junk that has been abandoned by its' manufacturer. Forget it, there are MANY better options out there.

By the way, the so-called support by the "community" is the biggest hoax in the history of mobile industry. Unless you're interested in half finished "apps" written by bored Linux fanatics.
Thats not what you said here!!!!!!!!

Kajko
07-24-10 , 02:10 AM
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada

Report This | #48
As long as it works. I've said it before and I will say it again: the N900 is the best mobile device I have ever owned (and the list is long). The N900's a keeper for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raif For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
Thats not what you said here!!!!!!!!

07-24-10 , 02:10 AM
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada

Report This | #48
As long as it works. I've said it before and I will say it again: the N900 is the best mobile device I have ever owned (and the list is long). The N900's a keeper for me.
I wrote that when I was under the euphoria of owning a new device. I changed my mind. That happens in life.

N900=JUNK

The Following User Says Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland

Well, there are some great applications what you can't find from any another mobile platform such as URPO, hostmode(-gui), OpenOffice.org, fcamera, xchat, faircrack, ATI85, frontview,..

And is there another mobile platform what can run applications from 2 another mobile platforms (preenv and Alien Dalvik)?

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-02-13 at 01:58.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I wrote that when I was under the euphoria of owning a new device. I changed my mind. That happens in life.

N900=JUNK
When you can find me a phone that can do even half of the things that this phone can, let me know.

Or, at the very least, I'll settle for one that does have the limitations all the popular OSs have now.

On a slightly more personal note, I have a feeling if you paid attention to your thoughts more, you'd find that you wrote what you just wrote in this thread under the anger and frustration of having one or two bugs and the latest Nokia announcements.

Frustration happens in life too. Either way, if your opinions vary so wildly based on mood, you should probably step back and wonder how well grounded those opinions are to begin with.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Well, there are some great applications what you can't find from any another mobile platform such as URPO, hostmode(-gui), OpenOffice.org, fcamera, xchat, faircrack, ATI85, frontview,..

And is there another mobile platform what can run applications from 2 another mobile platforms (preenv and Alien Dalvik)?
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Majority of people don't give a rat's *** about some obscure programs for the geeks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
I have full bash shell running, can learn python or perl directly on the phone, have mapped keyboard and extra symbols in terminal to things I need to learn/use linux, and have fedora running in chroot on sd which enables me to practice redhat stuff such as apache in a safe environment.

If you really want linux in your pocket I am afraid you do not have that many choices.

In a nutshell I have 0 respect for Nokia now but love the device and this community is the best.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
When you can find me a phone that can do even half of the things that this phone can, let me know.

Or, at the very least, I'll settle for one that does have the limitations all the popular OSs have now.

On a slightly more personal note, I have a feeling if you paid attention to your thoughts more, you'd find that you wrote what you just wrote in this thread under the anger and frustration of having one or two bugs and the latest Nokia announcements.

Frustration happens in life too. Either way, if your opinions vary so wildly based on mood, you should probably step back and wonder how well grounded those opinions are to begin with.
Trust me my friend: I could not care less about Nokia announcements. But I do think it's good for them to try something different. Symbian and to a lesser extent Maemo/Meego have been driving Nokia to its' grave.

What are the special things that N900 can do? Like I said before: just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Tags
kajko the tool, kajko+elop=love, twigdouche