Poll: Will you buy the meego phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the meego phone?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
the "small group" for Meego/QT is 1,800 people with a budget of 300 million EURO's a year. Its NOT small especially when most are engineers!

At that size and budget, it just reflects very badly on the group..
Yes they WHERE but fact is Nokia will cut&down that Q&A right aways and at the whole project dies.

Even if some geeks here are naive think they can change it now thats just a dream. Meego on Nokia is dead!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-02-13 at 19:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I agree with the above post. why will I spend another $500+ to fund Nokia's r&d with wp7 and in the end land up with another unsupported device. I voted No.

The Following User Says Thank You to manavs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by adosanjh View Post
I am not sure if I will buy a meego device from Nokia, unless I am convinced that they will support this device in the future.

To me it looks like they are releasing this device to satisfy there commitments to Intel and then throw no resources at it in the future.
For prospects of Nokia support after the Meego product release, see user comments about followthrough for the 770, 800, 810 and 900. In each case there were many bitter and long lasting complaints about Nokia abandoning the product too soon. I would expect that the likelihood of Nokia abandoning its Meego product are far greater, since Nokia has officially announced that Meego is for it a mere experimental toy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
So do think the N9 will have that Sony chip in still?
What Sony chip?

MS and Nokia have turned everything (regarding Nokia) upside down and inside out. I just saw this Runs Android, but looking really really nice Promised myself never to buy an Android device ever again.... promises promises.

If someone releases a great meego phone with at least a 4 inch screen and hardware keyboard I would consider it, but no way I would get it from Nokia.

When I think of all time Nokia wasted for people (especially developers) I highly doubt they will ever get another cent out of my pocket.

I know Elop said Nokia will always be a Finnish company...well I certainly hope having no guts, abandoning projects, and stringing people along are not Finnish traits...

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
having no guts, abandoning projects, and stringing people along
hmmm, you may have hit the nail on the head there. You mean this guy:

Can't say, I ditched smartphones almost 2 years ago, they don't do enough to warrant the $25 per month premium you pay for data to have them. I need a phone to make and recieve calls, send and receive txt, take a quick pic, be able to store and play back music, and have a calculator. I get all that in a dumb phone. Additional helpful features would be true gps( not bs agps that does me no good on a hike ), a compas, and a good calendar app...

If I am going to have to fork over $20+ to use a phone it had better be able to do all the above AND double as a low end computer complete with periperial device support and video out. Something I make on my computer I should be able to adapt in hours to work on my phone.

Almost no phone meets my requirements N900 is the closest, only downside to it was not powerful enough hardware. Meego was a dead ringer for my needs if in a phone factor. Android does not meet this yet, symbian does not, iOS does not, WP7 deff does not... WebOS or QNX it is too early to tell.

I don't want to carry more then 1 device on my persons, so if the nokia meego device does not have phone functionality then it is useless, and if it does then I have to question if I want to buy a device from a company that has no long term strategic plan for the meego platform as I want updates and bug fixes etc from my device manufacturer as well as a viable upgrade path.

Now I admit that I am a minority user for my needs, my argument is that meego 1.2 will be just as capable and good and as easy to use as any other smartphone OS, WP7 is no more refined then meego, has less functionality then meego 1.1, has a less mature dev tools and API then meego, has less active developer community then QT, less apps in it's market then in ovi store, and has a market share of >5%.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
what i can say is that i will surely buy a meego phone ... maybe nokia maybe somebody's else. What I sure won't do is that of buying an Nokia WP7 phone.

Hi Brock, Could you adjust you theme to inflect financial pain to Nokia and the Dumkofp Elop by promoting a boycott of their products. We will continue love our old Nokia products, but will not by any more Nokia products unless their board of directors de-activate the Micro$oft snake oil deal.

I believe a boycott wil demonstrate to Nokia he developed a partnership with buyers of her products in the past and she should show mutual respect.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with SYMBIAN nor MAEMO... Just a little TLC to the GUI...

Jusy list the features of Symbian and MAEMO against iOS, WP7 and Android and see which is the most advanced Smartphone OS !!!!

YPSlinux....

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by nocain View Post
Can't say, I ditched smartphones almost 2 years ago, they don't do enough to warrant the $25 per month premium you pay for data to have them. I need a phone to make and recieve calls, send and receive txt, take a quick pic, be able to store and play back music, and have a calculator. I get all that in a dumb phone. Additional helpful features would be true gps( not bs agps that does me no good on a hike ), a compas, and a good calendar app...
Confession: I agree with you.

Tags
elopcalypse, f*ck whitey