Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
According to this, Nokia's stock fell from 8.1620 to 6.69 which is 18%.

Lossing about 1/5th of your money should be unpleasant. I hope the investors are pissed enough

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
LOL

How does this matter if I need them?
Lol

What does it all matter if you have no commercial support, no relatively affordable and available hardware to run it on?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Elop must still being paid by Microsoft. Bet he gets a nice big bonus this month from his "former" employer.

MS Keep doing this - planting their execs into other companies to bind them into using MS products.

Microsoft just booted Nokia billions of dollars for the financing of thier new "mobile ecosystem"... i wonder how much money mincrsoft is actually giving to nokia to start this new project.
i honestly believe this combination will do some serious damage. The number one phone company + number one software/OS company = virtual suicide.

The stock was around $6.72 in Sept 2010, it is now at $6.67(@15:56 CET). It is ONLY a 0.7% drop, if you look at it from a different prespective(so say the PR company)

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Lol

What does it all matter if you have no commercial support, no relatively affordable and available hardware to run it on?
No laughing matter -- if features that we need aren't being implemented in future software, AND there is no hardware or support for the existing implementations, then we're screwed on all fronts. I don't see how we can use one mishap as a consolation for the other...

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
Microsoft just booted Nokia billions of dollars for the financing of thier new "mobile ecosystem"... i wonder how much money mincrsoft is actually giving to nokia to start this new project.
i honestly believe this combination will do some serious damage. The number one phone company + number one software/OS company = virtual suicide.
In return, over the long term, this may cost Nokia heavily. It's been confirmed that they'll be paying a license fee on each device they produce--it might not be the $15-$20 that other manufacturers pay, but it will deeply cut into their margins in comparison to what Symbian/Maemo/Meego offered them.

This is a subsidy, which other manufacturers have received also. It's not an injection of capital, Microsoft is paying for something specific in return. Part of that undoubtedly entails dumping open source.

Nokia+WP7 may increase their North American marketshare, but I don't know how this will appeal to Europe and Asia. It makes the tablet market completely market out of reach now.

The Following User Says Thank You to chowdahhead For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
NOKIA Stocks Still Droppin *****ez!!!!!
8.93!

Makes me play this song
How Low Can You Go!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0L4YRBTes

Originally Posted by deyons View Post
NOKIA Stocks Still Droppin *****ez!!!!!
8.93!

Makes me play this song
How Low Can You Go!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0L4YRBTes

There is a real problem about Nokia Stocks. I 'm curious to know what the Board think about it...

I truly don't understand why they didn't go with Android, at least there they could have kept all the ovi infrastructure by replacing Gapps like google maps with Ovi Maps and so on... And it would also have been able ran on the hardware they use for S^3 and of course no licensing fees to pay there.