Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post

....and shy away from Maemo specific implementations.

so your planning to port this to meego, nice .
but i think there will be a facebook status update widget for meego .

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
Choice and turn aorund time is what is important to me.

I'm reasonably certain Nokia or FB will come out with some widget or app on Meego, but neither will be capable of listening to the users complaints, suggestions and so on like individual devs do.

Keep up the great work rmerren!
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Choice and turn aorund time is what is important to me.

I'm reasonably certain Nokia or FB will come out with some widget or app on Meego, but neither will be capable of listening to the users complaints, suggestions and so on like individual devs do.

Keep up the great work rmerren!
i agree man, thats why i love maemo5, TMO and the n900 .

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
Holy crap! This is very important to people!

I am working on some refactoring and of the app to facilitate some potential new features, but I would like to get you a nice picture for facebook. I will try to do squeeze in some gimping to get a picture done.

I want to get the current round of coding done to promote it for extras-testing, so I will include the N900 image in that work.

I think I will do the picture as N900 in landscape mode...let the hate mail begin for that choice!
this is a must....

CasTTeLLo

The Following User Says Thank You to CasTTeLLo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
I am sure there will be some sort of facebook stuff for meego, but they have to make meego real first!

Keeping it fully Qt compliant is not just for meego compatibility (though that is a factor). It also makes it easier to develop and test. I was playing with some widget code a ways back and I had to use scratchbox, which meant I needed a 32-bit VM to run in (I am on 64-bit ubuntu). Keeping all that running was as much of a chore as the actual coding. Qt compliance means I can do a majority of the testing with a Linux desktop app, with only some need to resort to the sdk's built-in emulator. A final run directly on the device gives me a reality check.

I know there is some widget-harnessing code out there to facilitate qt apps as widgets, but what I would really like to see is a generic qml-hosting widget app that lets me put pure qml apps (not compiled into a C++ harness) on the desktop as maemo widgets. Perhaps that is pie in the sky (and perhaps I am forgetting that much of what I am writing is in Qt C++ and not in qml's javascript), but a man can dream. Of course that is all just noodling at this point. I have a day job and a family and a bottle of blue corn whisky that demand much of my time, and I would like to get this project stable before I embark on a new one.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Ask and you shall recieve! It looks like the quick-widgets package does just what I was describing. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65769

It may not be exactly suited to what I was thinking about (for instance, storing preferences and configuration info) but it is definitely cool stuff. And adaptable!

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Great Application! Just one little thing to fix. When i click on the "f" button, it opens two browser windows instead of one. Keep on, i like effing!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Great app.

Just a qiestion: on my status "newsfeed" it shows a friend's wall post of as "status."

Also, It doesn't specify which friend posted this.

Another thing is that it would be helpful if the "old status" area had a grey scroll indicator.

Once again. love this app, keep up the good work!

waiting for new icon...

CasTTeLLo

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the app.

Here are some quick comments:

- In the status update tex field, ctrl-space doesnt work with SCIM. It seems to be a common problem with app that specifically request the software keyboard. Maybe a settings to turn that off?

- After the app has got the gps status, it isn't clear what it is doing. I'm guessing when I hit the refresh button it then fetches the list of Places?

- Ability to search in Places?

- Ability to add a place in Places?

Thanks.

Pigeon.

Last edited by pigeond; 2011-02-18 at 07:53.