Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Well I'll give the OP a good hint : keep checking out the MWC.
Yes, good point. Do you know any good websites to keep track of anounced phones?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BillyTheFish View Post
Yes, good point. Do you know any good websites to keep track of anounced phones?
I've been using the Engadget, that's more than enough for me.

http://www.engadget.com

And here's the tag for just MWC-content. I'd stay on the front page though, in case they forget to either put the MWC tag in or you'd get outdated article (e.g. from MWC 2010).

http://www.engadget.com/tag/MWC/

Last edited by rantom; 2011-02-15 at 11:22. Reason: MWC-tag.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
I have the Galaxy S with Android 2.2.1, I don't need to use a task killer, The phone runs smooth as butter, and there is an xterm downloadable for FREE from the market. You can gain root access after rooting your phone, and you can recompile the kernel from source just as you can with N900.

Only true downgrades I feel from moving from N900 to galaxy S are :
  1. Can't use mypaint. (was just a hobby so not a big problem)
  2. No FM Transmitter, I solved my problem by buying a bluetooth enabled car radio, sounds better then FM anyway.
  3. No HW Keyboard, That one I can't solve.
  4. There is no real multitasking, you are Dependant on developers of app, if they thought your app should run in the background, they need to implement a service that does the job, while the UI is allowed to be closed by the OS / User.

But the list of improvement is endless.
-_-

Christ, all these tweeting, self apointed smart-fon3 experts who like to write symbian off as crap and rubbish are forgetting it had more functionality over half a decade ago than the current slew of fandroid crap.

No multitasking? are you shitting me?

You are going to find it very tough to go from a pocket computer to a so called 'smart-phone' that cannot even ****ing multitask.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
-_-

Christ, all these tweeting, self apointed smart-fon3 experts who like to write symbian off as crap and rubbish are forgetting it had more functionality over half a decade ago than the current slew of fandroid crap.

No multitasking? are you shitting me?

You are going to find it very tough to go from a pocket computer to a so called 'smart-phone' that cannot even ****ing multitask.
I don't agree with your way of posting the content but I agree with the content. I find it odd, that people are willing to root the device, since (as far as I'm aware of) it voids the warranty. I'm also surprised by the fact that they can live with the lack of proper multi-tasking. Honeycomb seems to fix that though, it's just up to Google to implement it to the mobile-OS.

Oh well, there's many of us and some prefer something else. I'll give a point for Android though for UI, that's quite well done. I'm considering the N900 as developer-phone and thus not comparing Android to it, at least much. Maybe the "Made with Google" Android-phones but not the ones that you can just buy (e.g. HTC Desire Z).

One thing though, that was a big problem with Android earlier on, was the Market. Is that fixed? I know that Google came up with the browser-market but was that also a bigger fix for the fragmentation in Market? (And from what I'm being told since Android 2.2 near all Android-phones should be able to run the same software? Maybe we'll see fixed Market some day.)

Last edited by rantom; 2011-02-15 at 11:36. Reason: Market.

I bought a Motorola Milestone 2, its been a very solid device.

You will miss Maemo for some things though.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
What do you mean? It's the easiest thing in the world. Just place your mp3 into the ringtones folder and it will come up as an option.

Also, the mini sd card can be upgraded... even then, you can install all your apps onto the mini sdcard. so, you shouldn't have to worry about space.
You're wrong. android ia a good o.s but there are some lacks wich are very unpleasant. it's impossible to choose one mp3 as message ringtone (not call ringtone)

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_pro-3779.php

Get the xperia pro when it will come out. Keyboard, flash 10.1, 720p video recording, same resolution screen and size as the N900.I`m thinking about it!

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
i had a look around recently, as my wife is due an upgrade soon (...)
!

You get wife upgrades!?

Originally Posted by volt View Post
You get wife upgrades!?
Wife 2.0 coming soon (improved wapps access).

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Forget the keyboard. Xperia Play looks interesting!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...#view=overview

Tags
bada blows, bada rox