Greetings.

I know that there is a ton of threads about non-starting phones on here, but all that I have found seem to have been resolved eventually by flashing. That doesn't seem to be the case with mine, so I'm going to lay out my narrative and hope someone here can save me the trouble of returning my phone to Nokia for repair/replacement...

It died two nights ago of an apparent flat battery. I tried leaving it on a charger overnight, while it did the continuous partial boot bit all night. The next day, it still wouldn't boot so I acquired a standalone battery charger and charged my battery, but it still wouldn't boot. I verified that my battery was fully charged by booting a 5800 on it, and observing the battery indication on it. I've flashed the firmware from an ubuntu machine, to no avail. Then, I flashed the firmware and eMMC, and still nothing.

When I press the power button, I get the nokia splash screen and the white LED for about ten or fifteen seconds, then the display shuts down. What's more disturbing is that if I shake the phone while the splash screen is displayed, it shuts off immediately. I'm thinking a hardware problem, but that makes little sense and means the hassle of a warranty claim.

Any ideas?

is your n900 working fine ?
if so how did you solve the problem ?