Active Topics

Notices

I may be repeating the question but how to add Pidgin and Firefox to exception list? And is it possible that the connection request made by Pidgin is blocked by AutoDisconnect or just pidgin doesn't make it?

BTW awesome app .

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I used auto-switch to Dual mode, but the maximum timeout 14" was simply not long enough. It would fail every time. Using gconftool-2 I set the timeout to 45 seconds and now it works. Connection with switch to Dual usually takes about 30 seconds before it is finally connected.

hello, I have a problem with bluetooth option. I set autodisconnect to work only when phone is locked but my bluetooth is turned off also if phone is not locked after 10 minutes...why? thank you

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
A bit late thanks to the developer. This software is superior e.g. compared to Android equivalents.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
hello, I have a problem with bluetooth option. I set autodisconnect to work only when phone is locked but my bluetooth is turned off also if phone is not locked after 10 minutes...why? thank you
I think AutoDisconnect only checks if there is any connected bluetooth device. The option regarding locked phone is only for disconnecting gprs/wifi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I have a problem with version 0.4.8. Although the switch to dual is done within the timeout set, when the gprs tries to connect, network switches back to gsm and it fails. What files should I look and see what the problem is?

EDIT: Seems it was a network error not related to AutoDisconnect. Contacted my provider and fixed it.

Last edited by cruster; 2011-02-18 at 21:39.

I was wondering if any of you could help me please?

I'm using AutoDisconnect and it does make a noticeable improvement on battery life. However, maybe this is a general N900 thing, but I've got some issues.

I have it set to connect automatically to any connection, but preferring wifi. However, sometimes the N900 chooses the MMS connection, which is of course useless for browsing the internet. Is there anyway to say, use all but not this connection?

The next thing is, does the N900 only connect to already known wifi networks, or does it attempt to connect to unprotected networks too?

Finally, and this is an AutoDisconnect thing, the idea of using Dual mode for a limited period of time is a good one, as you can save battery life and get a faster connection for a period of time. However, I'm finding that when the N900 switches the connection, the delay makes things timeout. So a website in MicroB will complain that there's no internet connection and make you choose it again, but as soon as you choose it, it switches to dual mode, momentarily disconnecting it, and MicroB thinks there is no connection again. Is there any way around this?

Many thanks.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
i too have the dual mode switching problem when i connect to tmobile net it disconnects from gsm and cannot make connection as dual mode is not activated.. so my question is there a way to disable to connect to dual mode on start of mobile internet??

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I had a look and couldnt find it in the thread. I'm pulling my hair out with this one. With autodisconnect installed, it takes longer to connect to the internet (the connection icon in the status bar flashes a lot longer than it should). Which is annoying when from a state of no connection, you open opera mobile, try and get to a web page, and because it takes too long to create a connection, opera mobile then closes. However, I am not switching from 2g to 3g. Whilst I would like to do this, this happens even when disabling the 2g to 3g switch (and keeping it 3g only).

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
i too have the dual mode switching problem when i connect to tmobile net it disconnects from gsm and cannot make connection as dual mode is not activated.. so my question is there a way to disable to connect to dual mode on start of mobile internet??
figured it out disabled the switch and now it works... my 2.5 speed on tmobile is good enough. i manually switch to 3g if i want. this is really cool app thanks.