Notices

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
But big thanks to you for helping me so many times...
No Problem!
The .install txt file only give the initial package and the containing repository to the application manager. It then calculates the dependencies and pulls them as well from the repo. You could do this for marble by reading the output of
Code:
apt-cache depends marble
and download these packages with the -d option for apt-get.
That is boring!

Also keep in mind. HAM always uses 'apt-get clean' after each installation and fapman could be configured the same, so they always wipe the download directory.

As luck would have it, I saw a web page earlier today that might be useful in providing a bit of background into Debian package management. Obviously, only the bits that refer to apt-get and dpkg are relevant to Maemo as there is no Aptitude (Shame, as it's my preferred solution..), Synaptic etc. Hope it's useful!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
As luck would have it, I saw a web page earlier today that might be useful in providing a bit of background into Debian package management. Obviously, only the bits that refer to apt-get and dpkg are relevant to Maemo as there is no Aptitude (Shame, as it's my preferred solution..), Synaptic etc. Hope it's useful!
There is aptitude but it's in -Devel so be prepared to re-flash the device. Don't know will we ever see it out from it, hopefully we would.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/aptitude-dbg/

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: