Notices

Poll: "Lost" your N900 due to wrong side upwards?
Poll Options
"Lost" your N900 due to wrong side upwards?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Background: Every ones in a while and for some reason or the other, I find myself rummage around (often in the dark) after my phone. Nine times out of ten, I find it with the display facing down. This really starts to irritate me, especially when I put the phone in my pillowcase since I use the lovely Sleepanalyser or just put it really "away-away". Sometimes even that do any good, without any booze involved.

tl;dr. This raises some questions.
· Hardware hacks?
· Software hacks?

Hardware hacks : Well, this bit seem an easy one. However, how well executed.. oh time will tell. I ordered a some Ultra Green v10 Glow in the Dark Powder that I will mix with epoxy and err.. smear that glue err.. "around a bit". At first I thought about fill the Nokia letters, but since I always hated logos generally and as you all know, all to well about "certain recent events" have not made me less reluctant so to speak...

Software hacks : I guess one could ssh in the phone/call with skype/call it with another cell. But besides that I know next to nothing.

Is it even possible to monitor the mic, without draining the battery "in mere seconds" ?
It would be really nice to have some "Here boy *whistle*"-application.

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
It would be really nice to have some "Here boy *whistle*"-application.
I would like this one

The Following User Says Thank You to Gucky66 For This Useful Post:
What about bluetooth? There There should be a way to code something that you could launch at the when you go to sleep and that yould make the phone vibrate or ring when you press a button for example using a ps3 pad.

Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
What about bluetooth? There There should be a way to code something that you could launch at the when you go to sleep and that yould make the phone vibrate or ring when you press a button for example using a ps3 pad.
LOL
My wife and I both use a N900, would be nice if we can let one or the other ring at the push of a button: via wifi?

question (probably answered a 100 times at this forum): isn't Bluetooth very power hungry?
It used to be on my SE G900.

(btw don't own any game consoles…, I know, I know, I am ashamed)

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Gucky66 View Post
LOL
My wife and I both use a N900, would be nice if we can let one or the other ring at the push of a button: via wifi?question (probably answered a 100 times at this forum): isn't Bluetooth very power hungry? It used to be on my SE G900.(btw don't own any game consoles…, I know, I know, I am ashamed)
Bluetooth is quite hungry for power, yes.

To answer your initial question though, use skype. I guess you are connected to a wifi-AP, otherwise I suppose you could install mumble or the like on a local server. There is also something that tickles the back of my brain, lets see later on if it pops out or not.

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
How about just a small glow-in-the-dark sticker? I bet a small one will be enough...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
LOL
My wife and I both use a N900, would be nice if we can let one or the other ring at the push of a button

"There's an app for that!"

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
question (probably answered a 100 times at this forum): isn't Bluetooth very power hungry?
It used to be on my SE G900.
Not really. I leave it on all the time because I often use bluetooth headphones and it is a pain turning it off and on all the time. When on but not connected it doesn't use much power at all. When my N900 is left idle overnight with Bluetooth on it typically loses about 1% battery every 2 hours.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you're always finding it laying around face down; perhaps tie a piece of buttered toast to the back of it?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
hmm.. but maybe when you can't find your phone in the dark, you might try turning on the light..lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
just shoot me