Active Topics

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by raedbenz View Post
Hello kojacker,

NOTE: the build output goes to the same directory of the project i.e. E:\Software\NOKIAQTSDK\mywork\arabiciradio

any hints please??
I find the error messages self explanatory:
  • You don't have pgp (should be ok)
  • The directory should be in the form "arabicradio-1.0" where 1.0 is the version number (may be ok)
  • The parent directory (work/) seems that it is not writable by you. Is it?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Regarding the qmake not found error:
do you have libqt4-dev in your build depends in the contol
file?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
hello...

I think upload is successful now.. what i did is:
i opened the control file which is in debian folder and changed:
Code:
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev
remember it should be UNIX format not CRLF as line delimeter as kojacker mentioned earlier.

Now the problem, whenever i tick the 'Enable custom process step' and make a build, the folder (which is named arabiciradio inside debian folder where contains .desktop, icon, etc..) gets deleted. Is this normal ??
so the package that is uploaded to my maemo extras devel is only 1Kb size. i tried to download it from N900 web browser and install it, but i got the error 'incompatible format'.
any hints?

thanks

Last edited by raedbenz; 2011-02-19 at 16:13.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I have given up building source deb from qt creator directly. I just use it to code and test, than I open madde and follow this guide: http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging_Qt_C...r_Maemo_Extras
Hello,
The steps in the link you posted, do you implement them on a windows or Linux pc? if on windows, do you move you project to the 'NOKIAQTSDK\Maemo\home\username\' ? also i got 'sh: dch: command not found' when i typed 'dch -v 0.3'. hints ?

thankx

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I think upload is successful now.. what i did is:
i opened the control file which is in debian folder and changed:
Code:
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev
remember it should be UNIX format not CRLF as line delimeter as kojacker mentioned earlier.

Now the problem, whenever i tick the 'Enable custom process step' and make a build, the folder (which is named arabiciradio inside debian folder where contains .desktop, icon, etc..) gets deleted. Is this normal ??
No, definitely not normal. Are you sure you're using the 1.1 SDK ? I'm getting the libqt4-dev build depends and other goodies by default, and your errors would be more in line with what you would get if your SDK/QtCreator is outdated...

Hello,
The steps in the link you posted, do you implement them on a windows or Linux pc? if on windows, do you move you project to the 'NOKIAQTSDK\Maemo\home\username\' ? also i got 'sh: dch: command not found' when i typed 'dch -v 0.3'. hints ?
dch is a debhelper command (=linux stuff). OTOH you don't need it - it's exactly the same as changing the version on the project page from QtCreator (which you can do on all platforms).

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
No, definitely not normal. Are you sure you're using the 1.1 SDK ? I'm getting the libqt4-dev build depends and other goodies by default, and your errors would be more in line with what you would get if your SDK/QtCreator is outdated
Hello,

I downloaded QtSDK 1.1.
I built my project and i got a in the source directory a debian folder. it contains 7 files

upload image.
and the control file contains Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev automatically.
i modified the files changelog so i added the version number.
Then added into the debian folder again the myappnamefolder which has in its subderectories the icon and .desktop file, etc... according to this tutorial.
Now in qt creator i added the custom process step and i did a build, (without modifying the rules file). Hence the .changes, tar.gz and .dsc were created. but again the myappnamefolder in debian was deleted.

hints please???

i modified the files changelog so i added the version number.
Then added into the debian folder again the myappnamefolder which has in its subderectories the icon and .desktop file, etc... according to this tutorial.
Now in qt creator i added the custom process step and i did a build, (without modifying the rules file). Hence the .changes, tar.gz and .dsc were created. but again the myappnamefolder in debian was deleted.

hints please???
Ahh, you're putting that INSIDE the debian dir ? That *will* get deleted - debian packaging uses that directory as a temporary to pack up all the things it needs. The Forum Nokia page applies only to Qt SDK 1.0.x, 1.1 and later do that for you automatically, create the .desktop file, icon, add it to packaging, etc, etc. Caveat: That will not happen if you open already existing (created by the old sdk), in which case I'd recommend creating a new project and just copying/adding the source files.

To repeat - QtSDK 1.1 TP and later add all the necessary files to your project and deployment statements to the .pro file.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hello,

I have read the the posts and documents/wiki for uploading my first application to extras-devel as a starting point. i still have some enquiries.
i have developed my application using Nokia Qt SDK under windows xp.
i have the source code and debian package and works fine on my N900.
I followed the Extras Assistant root, and now i am stuck on step 2 where you have to upload '.changes' file. where this .change file is supposed to be or generated? i came across some posts where people end up using maemo sdk under linux to do that. can i avoid this (installing maemo sdk)? is there any easy way to create manually??

Thanks
I was using Nokia Qt SDK under Windows for a long time before I ditched Windows in Favour of Fedora, and I also successfully uploaded apps to -devel.

Here is what you need to do:

1. So, make a "debian" folder in your app's folder and put the packaging information there. Either copy the stuff generated by Qt Creator (maybe located in the qtc_packaging or similar folder) or write necessary files manually. Beware that these files should use Unix line endings.

2. You need ro run 'dpkg-buildpackage -sa -S' which you can use on Windows with the 'mad' command.
So 'mad dpkg-buildpackage -sa -S' and there you have it.

In case you don't have the mad command, it is located in:
C:\path\to\sdk\Maemo\4.6.2\madbin\
or similar path.

3. Then you will have all the necessary files.
Upload with Extras assistant. Don't forget to chmod +x your executable in the postinst file, also don't forget that packaging info NEEDS to use UNIX line endings.

4. Enjoy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
@Venemo: This is essentially (the hard way of) what the instructions say, but I would avoid copying around packaging data, duplicating that stuff makes it easy to make hard to track packaging errors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Guys thank you all for you support finally i managed to upload a working app.
i summerised all the steps i learnt from this post and put them here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raedbenz For This Useful Post: