Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
I just uploaded Squeezecontrol to extras-devel. It does what the name suggests: Controls Logitech Squeezeboxes. It's still a very early edition with only basic controls, but I wanted to get it out as soon as possible to get some feedback.

More release notes available here.

More features coming soon. Commentds and suggestions appreciated.

Update Feb 23 (0.1.3-10)
* On/off button in player window.
* Icon should be working now, thanks to mavit.
* Better handling of lagging track info responses from server.

Update Feb 21 (0.1.2-1)
* Fixed charset issues.
* Made the track info contain both track name, album and artist, no matter what selected player display is set to show.

Update Feb 21 (0.1.1-1)
* Fixed bug occuring when hiding the progress bar in the player window, reported by aenbacka.

Update Feb 20 (0.1.0-1)
* Added track title, artist, etc. and time elapsed/remaining to player window.
* Updated dependency list again, thanks to mavit.

Update Feb 10 (0.0.2-1)
* Updated dependency list, according to report from aenbacka.
* Added more server settings. Now support for alternative server port and authentication.

Last edited by decibyte; 2011-02-23 at 13:13.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the app! I tried it and it worked fine.. It seems that at least a dependency to pyside-qt4-core is missing (I did not have it installed so I had to manually install it from extras-devel, otherwise squeezecontrol did not startup).

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
aenbacka, thanks for reporting the missing dependency. I'll fix it later today.

I also hope to have enough time today to make the player screen more informative and useful.

I'm glad you like it

The Following User Says Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
look forward to fixing the Pyside QT dependency issue to try out

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
It seems that at least a dependency to pyside-qt4-core is missing (I did not have it installed so I had to manually install it from extras-devel, otherwise squeezecontrol did not startup).
Also, pyside-qt4-gui is required.

Oh, it might be worth having a think about the name. There's already an Android app called SqueezeControl, as well as a Qt app called squeezecontroll that purports to run on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to mavit For This Useful Post:
shin, is it the same missing dependency as mavit mentions?

mavit, I didn't see the Android app until after I released this one. I never stumbled across squeezecontroll. If I'd known about it, I may never have started this project :/

Is it working on N900? There only seems to be a .sis for Symbian phones.

Well... I'll look into that project in the weekend and decide whether to continue or not. I'll also think of another name. Any suggestions?

Both of you, thanks for feedback.

Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
Is it working on N900? There only seems to be a .sis for Symbian phones.
According to the developer, yes: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...350#post601350

It's in the fairly early stages, from what I can tell. I don't have an N900 build environment set up at the moment, but I tried it briefly on my Fedora box and the UI was erratic.

mavit, thanks for info. I think I'll continue with this one. It has is justification as long as their app is neither in repos nor the Ovi Store.

I just uploaded a new update with track info in the player window. Much more informative now

mavit, I asked the developer of the Android SqueezeControl about having the same name, and he says it's no problem, so I'll stick to the name for now.

Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
I just uploaded a new update with track info in the player window. Much more informative now
I happened to be listening to Sigur Rós at the time, and noticed that it doesn't handle non-ASCII track titles properly. I've submitted a patch to https://code.google.com/p/pysqueezec...s/detail?id=11

Also, I notice that the bugtracker link at http://maemo.org/packages/view/squeezecontrol/ doesn't work. HTH.