Notices

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
My second child just born too !

Here is my "project page" http://ymartin59.free.fr/wordpress/i...et-n900-maemo/

For kernel, you're right - it should be easy: configure cgroups and include OpenBinder.

In fact, the aim of a port is to avoid hardware specific code. So the idea is to map Android API to the corresponding Maemo libraries/methods thanks to the Dalvik JIT.

Hardware layer is a big trouble for Nitdroid team... because battery management and phone must be implemented there.

In my opinion, a Dalvik port is relevant for high level applications which needs to use only Screen, Mouse, Keyboard, Network, SMS, GPS... I guess at the point, it will already be considered as almost perfect.

The Following User Says Thank You to ymartin59 For This Useful Post:
it would be necessary to make an emulateur as preenv

any news about this program??

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by rodrikiss View Post
any news about this program??
The situation is pretty clear to me. Myriad has said many times before the application will NOT be available for sale to the end-user, because Myriad targets only device manufacturers and operators.

So it's pretty obvious this application will not be available for the N900 (eventhough it was previewed on the N900) because Nokia will probably NEVER buy it and offer it as an update to us.

Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
The situation is pretty clear to me. Myriad has said many times before the application will NOT be available for sale to the end-user, because Myriad targets only device manufacturers and operators.
The reason could be, that if they sell it to person base, they are afraid it gets just copied to everyone without them getting paid. Isn't Dalvik with open source license, so they have to give the source if they sell it. When they have a contract, so every device in some category has that VM, they'll get paid for every device out there for that specific version. For example lets say Samsung Galaxy S2 Meego-version.

It may be possible, if they say and set some price and then we gather as many people who are interested in Alien Dalvik and then make an offer to buy the product to all N900s out there. If the price is right, I am sure they will play ball.

if Myriad found the way, because the n900 users can not find. Developers layers as possible.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
android runs already on n900.
The apps run also via nitdroid but it would be much better to have them running on maemo cuz nitdroid doesnt have any call function.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
android runs already on n900.
The apps run also via nitdroid but it would be much better to have them running on maemo cuz nitdroid doesnt have any call function.
nitdroid froyo & gingerbread dont have any call function?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
They do, but voice codec doesnt work so its useless.

Yep, they don't. The only reason I have not spent time setting up nitdroid on my n900.

Originally Posted by StocChr View Post

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego