Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I trust the Maemo/MeeGo team.

Rest of the Nokia? I don't care. Although it would be nice if Maps, Calendar and Ovi services would be usable on N950.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
The term 'future disruptive' goes right through me...I bet that pi$$es Intel off

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I am looking at the rapidly expanding HTC desire family which grow from strength to strength for my next phone. I won't be darkening Nokia's door anytime soon after Maemo. Nothing they or Elop says will make me want to buy into their future logic when each year for hte last two years they have changed their minds on which way they will go.

Meego would have to come with a free moon and be biblically good to even raise my interest in it or Nokia.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I trust the Maemo/MeeGo team.
Is there a Meego / Maemo team? Does 1 person on 'part time' basis make a team?

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
Is there a Meego / Maemo team?
Yes, of course there is.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
The only Maemo team is this community as it sure as hell dont exist in Nokia !.

HERE http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67905&page=85

The thing is, realistically speaking, all the nay-sayers will buy the device as long as it truly achieves being freaking good, a true sucessor that accomplishes all that the N900 did and aimed to achieve but failed miserably due to lack of support.

I sincerely doubt that as long as the above become true, as in a dream come true, everyone won't buy it.

Although, the chances of that happening seem to be getting slimmier by the second...

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Think about this for a second:

If we don't buy the N950, we'll only prove Flop right. We need to support MeeGo and prove that Flop is wrong, so that he'll be forced to step down as CEO.

Whatever you decide to do, don't buy a winblows phail 7 phone. Rather look for MeeGo phones from other companies.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Think about this for a second:

If we don't buy the N950, we'll only prove Flop right. We need to support MeeGo and prove that Flop is wrong, so that he'll be forced to step down as CEO.

Whatever you decide to do, don't buy a winblows phail 7 phone. Rather look for MeeGo phones from other companies.
You buy Nokia goods, you're channeling your money toward Elop. For all you know it's going to fund Nokia's future Microsoft collaboration (or for paying WP7 penalties)

I meant royalties.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
nokia must be aware of alien dalvic and if theres a braincell left at nokia i bet its thinking of producing hardware thats capable of allowing ports of android stuff, then they wont have to pay anything to google for android

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I say start war against Nokia.

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction