Closed Thread
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
I updated the wiki with some of my finding regarding portrait mode. please feel free to add, change, update as needed.

Last edited by tokag; 2011-02-22 at 20:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
just tested multiple desktops. it works here. 9 desktops!
How do you get 9 desktops running i have downloaded the latest CSSU, 12, but I can still only select 4 desktops from the Destop menu/manage views, do I still need to "tweak" something or should it just appear now as an option?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
HAM, menu, settings do rotate. Mail and conversations don't...

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Rotation bug fixed in version 12.1 which is now in the repository.

To get 9 views, scroll horizontally and select the desktops you want, they're black since there's no background set to them.

You need to enable forced rotation in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini (set 0 to 1) to force rotation of all applications (conversations included).

A future update will include portrait support in modest.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Guys,

Updates keep getting better and better! I still seem to be one of the few who has had little issue, and catorise and portrait mode work a treat (a year and a half waiting for nokia to do it so it was quite a thrill to see it happen after update). Only noticed a few other places where automatic rotation happens such as settings so will need to play around a bit more or read changelog but I just wanted to thank those of you who are working on developing this. It appears to be a very thankless task judging by a lot of the posts in here but I definetely appreciate it and salute you all. Keep up the good work dudes!

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Great work, absolutely thrilled to see this community effort.

I won't install yet as i have a broken USB slot so can't reflash if necessary - once it's fixed i'll take the plunge.

One question though, the main thing that will make me install this is the portrait mode, so how do i "enable forced rotation in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini (set 0 to 1) to force rotation of all applications (conversations included)" ?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Rotation bug fixed in version 12.1 which is now in the repository.

To get 9 views, scroll horizontally and select the desktops you want, they're black since there's no background set to them.

You need to enable forced rotation in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini (set 0 to 1) to force rotation of all applications (conversations included).

A future update will include portrait support in modest.
I have no option to scroll horizontally on the menu headed "Activate views"? Just the usual 4 desktops with "ticks" on them

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Just edit the file with your favourite editor, and change the value of forcerotation from 0 to 1, have a look at the file:
http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h...ns.ini#line199

Which version are you on? Version 12+ should have the 9 desktops:

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
what about [thp_tweaks]
# Blurless desaturation (0 = default, 1 = MeeGo/Symbian-style)
blurless = 1
what is its function?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Just edit the file with your favourite editor, and change the value of forcerotation from 0 to 1, have a look at the file:
http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h...ns.ini#line199

Which version are you on? Version 12+ should have the 9 desktops:
Just installed the latest update this evening which appears to be 12, it seemed to install ok but I don't have the scroll bar on my phone!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade