Closed Thread
24% since the announcement! It's awesome!

http://mobilementalism.com/2011/02/1...over-sinks-in/

Does anyone have a heads-up on how microsoft's own stock has behaved since elopocalypse?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Europa Majora
http://m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=nokia+vs+microsoft&x=0&y=0

For a quick comparison. But we have to see what happens

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This about the N900?
I was thinking Symbian, but yeah, the N900 applies as well.

The only way Elop's announcement could have been be palatable was if he had a WP7 Nokia phone on his hand when he did, with all the features current Symbian phones had.

Now what's gonna happen is that the MeeGo phone is going to be released before, and be more capable. The irony!

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Obviously it is going down: the financial analysts know that this is a long-term strategy so for the short-term it has to be negative: Symbian will be gradually out, that is clearly a even larger than anticipated decline in its market share for 2011.
Then in the long term, this is risky (and risk has to be paid by lower share price) because will Microsoft succed in being a leader in this market? And another risk is the fact that profitability is expected to be down as the OS is no longer Nokia but a royalty to Microsoft.

What Nokia gain is still unclear. So the market is pricing down the company. It will be even worst if S&P is pushing down the note.
Did you short Nokia ? If not, why not, since it was so ''obvious''

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
"The broker cites concern that competition is likely to intensify when Nokia is weak. Traders also cite fears on how a deal with Microsoft will hurt Nokia's position in mobile phone markets over the next couple of years. "
Source: (Only place I can get info with out paying for it)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...ow/7547787.cms

Also from streetinsider.com
"RBS downgraded shares of Nokia (NYSE: NOK) all the way from Buy to Sell this morning."

Currently Nokia dropped back to:
Feb/22/2011
-0.32 (-3.48%)
After the downgrade warning.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Hahahahahah you ditched us one too many time with your experimental devices, now your loyalist will ditch you and hope you go bankrupt soon.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
With nothing to show yet from this strategic partnership the decline will continue.

Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
Hahahahahah you ditched us one too many time with your experimental devices, now your loyalist will ditch you and hope you go bankrupt soon.
Well I never like to see a company go bankrupt I would rather see a company become stable and remain in play giving consumers more options, this goes for Nokia as well.

Unfortunately I don't see Nokia sticking around long due to the reasons you mentioned. Nokia seems to suffer from corporate ADD and can't seem to stick with a scalable track for more then 3 years at a time which is why they have been blundering around the last 4+ years, but at least they were staying in the same ballpark. The MS deal is just so far off track and due to the way they handled it I don't see them being able to recover from this maneuver if\when it fails.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by nocain View Post
Well I never like to see a company go bankrupt I would rather see a company become stable and remain in play giving consumers more options, this goes for Nokia as well.

Unfortunately I don't see Nokia sticking around long due to the reasons you mentioned. Nokia seems to suffer from corporate ADD and can't seem to stick with a scalable track for more then 3 years at a time which is why they have been blundering around the last 4+ years, but at least they were staying in the same ballpark. The MS deal is just so far off track and due to the way they handled it I don't see them being able to recover from this maneuver if\when it fails.
http://www.streetinsider.com/Downgra...l/6312143.html

I´m not surprised.

Frankly I just hope they disappear with their WP, and that someone else will arrive with the OS offering that polishing the N900 Maemo 5 could´ve given.

Maemo 5 is a little rough on the edges, but it´s still just so awesome, and so nice to be able to tinker with it. I´m not a FOSS fanatic by any means, and am even a little suspicious of the evangelists, but this compartmentalising of data on WP and iOS is just stupid.

I don´t like invasive and excessive "look-good-but-useless" measures done in the name of "safety" or "security". That goes for both TSA/air travel charade and the kind that doesn´t allow you to save a PDF down in the web browser and open it in the PDF reader.

Hardware wise I wasn´t all that impressed with the N900, this especially has to do with the camera. From a available 3rd party software perspective, I´ve been disappointed. Well even from a Ovi Maps perspective I´ve been disappointed...

But Maemo 5 itself is nice and makes the N900 worth using and keeping.

Last edited by olighak; 2011-02-23 at 01:16.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen