Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Err, no. They're still pursuing handsets.
But so far the handsets are outrunning them (sorry, couldn't resist)

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I will buy that mofo if it has a hardware keyboard.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
4.5 out of 5.

Nearly there.

The problem that Nokia make, is to push the Symbian stuff

But i can understand that, because there are to many people who want a normal phone.

Not a NerdPhone like the N900

My opinion where

low and Midrange = Symbian (for normal People)
HighEnd = Linux bases /Maemo-MeeGo (for Nerds )
Buisness = Windows Mobile (for buisness )

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
That looks more like a fake mock-up.

I'm still uneasy about the wording of a MeeGo device. However, the N950 name, which he didn't really confirm, but suggested tends towards it being in a similar vein as the N900 -- I just hope that doesn't mean a device abandoned after a year.
No, you can rest assured that itŽll be abandoned faster than that. IŽll say 1-2 months and thereŽll be no more updates to anything that relies on Nokia for updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
I love my N900 and if there will be Maemo6/MeeGo powered N950 I will buy it. All I need from that phone will be standard GNU/Linux utilities, ecoach, fbreader and sygic maps. And bt connection to my Zephyr HR monitor. That will give me 2 more years of proper oss heaven, and by that time there will be other interesting offering. And make it rugged, so I cant take it on mtb rides. And... wait, I'm asking too much already.

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
No, you can rest assured that itŽll be abandoned faster than that. IŽll say 1-2 months and thereŽll be no more updates to anything that relies on Nokia for updates.
I agree ill give it under 6 months before its abandoned, just like the N900...

Who is still dumb enough to trust Nokia as an early adopter again and shelling out a couple hundred (i paid $800 CDN for mines and broke within 6 months and Nokia wont warrant my warranty no matter what...) bucks for a phone that will be abandoned in less than 6 months, without basic features fixed (no portrait mode, can't even repeat a single song over, ovi maps takes forever to track, the list goes on...).

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The N950 is going to be the only open phone for quite sometime. I will buy it and show nokia that there is still interest in a nokia meego phone. Hopefully it will serve me well until the next disruption.
Good luck to you, it's your money. I will personally tell Nokia that, but what I won't do is to vote with my wallet knowing the money is actually invested in Microsoft.

Just don't come bragging/crying over your poor decision, I will "buy smart" to avoid that situation.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
4.5 out of 5.

Nearly there.
Yup, asymptotic approach - won't be long now!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
I trust Nokia no more but probably will buy it knowing that will be unsupported with limited number of complex/popular apps, etc. I really want Open Source pocket computer.

The only real showstopper for me is screen. It has to be 4"+. Rest is optional.

Tags
bada bing, bada rox, bada rulez, bada suckss, bada sux, lam bada, lol @ bada, nokia defiled, science fiction