Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ City of Angels
I came across the Adobe flash player 10 for Nokia N900. The file is (***.so) file and the person who send it to me said to simply replace the share object in "/usr/lib/browser/plugins ". Any help on the process is apprercited.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
hi with my little knowledge u have to install filebox first to gain access to those files...then follow the path given...there is a thread on it...search the forum

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Robert is right , however if u have sudo installed u can do it via terminal.

Just a warning the file that u got is not optimized for N900 , hence there is no hardware acceleration, MicroB crashes often and there is red square at the left corner of all videos

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by nokuser View Post
I came across the Adobe flash player 10 for Nokia N900. The file is (***.so) file and the person who send it to me said to simply replace the share object in "/usr/lib/browser/plugins ". Any help on the process is apprercited.
The file you are talking about is not hardware accelerated.Nodoubt it changes the flash version to 10 but the browsing experience is almost same,wait for an update this year ,I hope flash will be coming otherwise devs will do something for us

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ City of Angels
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post

Just a warning the file that u got is not optimized for N900 , hence there is no hardware acceleration, MicroB crashes often and there is red square at the left corner of all videos
Appreciate the help here. I was using my friends N900 who bought it in Japan last month. It had the flash 10.1 and worked great. No problems that you guys are describing. Tested few sites and it worked like a charm with no delays, flash content loaded faster than my N900 with ver 9.0. Tested Justin tv and it also worked perfectly.

I ll be installiing the file soon and report back here with results.
Thanks Guys...

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kolkata
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post

I've sudo but I don't have any idea to replace a file in /usr/lib/browser/plugins. So can any one tell me step by step how shall I do this?