Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by llBlackenedll View Post
Just edit whichever transitions file you use in /opt/MaeModder/conf/transitions/[name of transition]/transitions.ini using vi (or whichever text editor you prefer). You can't access that directory via mass storage, no, but if you REALLY need to modify it on your pc:

Code:
cp -p /opt/MaeModder/conf/transitions/plastic/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs/transitionstemp.ini

Connect to your pc, edit transitionsTemp.ini. Disconnect from your pc then

cp -p /home/user/MyDocs/transitionstemp.ini /opt/MaeModder/conf/transitions/plastic/transitions.ini
Really though, you may as well just do it on your phone with LeafPad (or vi if you're comfortable with it)
Thank you for the quick responce but there is a problem. My phone is in a reboot loop now and the only way to stop it, is quickly put in mass storage mode and then the phone itself does not respond but I can assess the normal folders trough the pc.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
dunno if anyones noticed, but as of latest update, pressing power button once does not show clock.....................
i have this same issue but it doesn't bother me too much, i barely use the power button to unlock the phone

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by MetalSer View Post
Thank you for the quick responce but there is a problem. My phone is in a reboot loop now and the only way to stop it, is quickly put in mass storage mode and then the phone itself does not respond but I can assess the normal folders trough the pc.
You could try using R&D mode to disable the reset. Once it starts up, you should then be able to use Ctrl+Shift+X to start an X terminal and edit the file(s).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
the power unlock screen can now go vertically also this is causing trouble. I had a few times when screen was on but not showing anything and also got some messed up background with black parts. so this is definately not going right!

second of all the image viewer is going totally insane when rotating pictures now. (temp work around: open keyboard to stop the force rotation).

by the way i still have the bug that the reboot button is not working. phone reboots, vibrates, nokia logo is shown and then it shuts down... this must have something to do with the SSU. i havent installed anything else but the CSSU

Last edited by sygys; 2011-02-24 at 14:34.

Originally Posted by MetalSer View Post
Ah sorry I didn't read the entirety of the post, my bad. Sorry I'm not sure what you can do about that Unless someone else has a better suggestion I'd try a reflash (though honestly, wait half an hour or so to see if someone has a better suggestion).

EDIT: Ah I see Rob1n has a better suggestion.

or you could download just the kernel and try reflashing that first. it helped me allot of times! after a reflash you keep everything you had. only the kernel wich most of the time causes the problem gets renewed.

Here is a simple flasher tool a friend made. just install in C:/N900 and run the flasher. (32bit windows only) then make the choice speed up to default. this will reflash only the kernel. kernels and firmware PR1.3 are included in the download

also root backups made by bootmenu can be flashed back on the device with this program

http://www.sygysweb.nl/n900forum/vie....php?f=9&t=269

Last edited by sygys; 2011-02-24 at 14:47.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
It seems to work when you lock the screen from the side button instead of the menu.
Works fine for me however I've tried locking it - side switch, power button menu, double press of the power button, or timeout. In all cases, a single press of the power button will then show the lock screen with clock.

Robin try to rotate the screen in portrait then lock it, hold it in portrait and unlock it with power button. do you have force rotation on?

it will definately crash this way!

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Robin try to rotate the screen in portrait then lock it, hold it in portrait and unlock it with power button. do you have force rotation on?

it will definately crash this way!
No, I don't have force rotation on - I just wish there was an option to force auto-rotation off (though I hear a rotation-lock is on the plans).

i think this only happens with force rotation on. because this is causing the problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade