Active Topics

Originally Posted by tryrohit80 View Post
I changed the preference to Dual( Settings-->Phone-->Network mode-->Dual ) and it worked.

Please try this, this might fix the issue.
Thanks for the attempt, but it didn't work for me. I've just tried DUAL, GSM and 3G. In all cases I can't connect to the data network. voice (calls) works under GSM.

I've recently called (again) the Oi operator. They've said that the N900 was "not yet approved" (homologado) by ANATEL (Brazilian regulatory telecom agency) and because of that they would do nothing to help.

Does anyone know whether it is true that the N900 has not been approved of yet?

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
well , i had this problem when i roamed...

go to settings, phone, and change from automatic to search for operators and find the oi operator and then it might work.......

not sure still........

The Following User Says Thank You to sepehrsfmech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
check the setting under phone for GSM 3G or DUAL was having issues connecting to 3G and realised that my phone was set to GSM not DUAL or 3G, set it to DUAL and its back surfing at 3.5G, thanks to poster above.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! I did all those settings troubleshoot steps with the service provider technician, but was not successful.

I swap my Blackberry sim to my N900 to test if it was a device issue, and could get a connection. So I figured it could be sim card related and had it changed. Now both the internet connection (via 3G mobile internet) and fMMS works!

I'm using a different service provider, but it's worth to try changing a new sim card.

Last edited by Joseph.skb; 2010-09-09 at 04:40.

I also had this problem...
the actual problem is with N900.. not with any carrier..

i used to get this "cellular network not available" error whenever i tried connecting to gprs or 3G..

but i noticed that, when i keep one of my "conversations thread" open.. i can connect to the gprs / 3G. maybe the problem is with the firmware.. i re-installed the firmware and it connects now.

isn't there any way to correct the problem without flashing again??? :O :O :O

Originally Posted by ketley2aug View Post
I also had this problem...
the actual problem is with N900.. not with any carrier..

i used to get this "cellular network not available" error whenever i tried connecting to gprs or 3G..

but i noticed that, when i keep one of my "conversations thread" open.. i can connect to the gprs / 3G. maybe the problem is with the firmware.. i re-installed the firmware and it connects now.

isn't there any way to correct the problem without flashing again??? :O :O :O
Brilliant. Keeping a message open allowed me to connect via GPRS while roaming. Been struggling with this for months.
Thanks for this tip.