Closed Thread
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
You're repeating what was said in the thread, many times
Forced rotation is not for day-to-day use, it only makes it easier to "press" CTRL+SHIFT+R on all apps.
A whitelist is planned for future updates.

Also, a single tap brings up the lock screen for me, not sure what combo breaks that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
You can press CTRL+SHIFT+blue arrow + L (yes, I know, 4 keys is a lot) to force a rotation of anything, including the desktop (it's temporary and is removed when changing windows, thanks to thp for pointing it out), so it can be done, it just needs time.

BTW, would anyone have a problem with this? (it requires a patched hildon-desktop, so will require the CSSU)

(This being orientation lock)
That's another great idea that you have! BTW Will we have an opportunity to rearange the portrait desktop widgets and icons, another way than the landscape ones? This would be just great!
Or i think this lock would be better situated in the settings, isn't it?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Or i think this lock would be better situated in the settings, isn't it?
This is ultimately intended for the use-case where you want auto-rotate (e.g. browser), but are lying down in bed reading something. You don't want it to flip between modes just because the angle of your head/phone to bed is <> 90°.

(Ideally, orientation would use the front camera and do face recognition on the person looking at it: i.e. ▶ vs ▼)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
This is ultimately intended for the use-case where you want auto-rotate (e.g. browser), but are lying down in bed reading something. You don't want it to flip between modes just because the angle of your head/phone to bed is <> 90°.

(Ideally, orientation would use the front camera and do face recognition on the person looking at it: i.e. ▶ vs ▼)
Dude, this would make our phone just more "the best" phone ever. Actually ur point made me think, that it's better when the lock is where MAG had put it in the first place

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Don't uninstall the Theme Customizer yet. Fixed package is on it's way to devel any minute now.

All you have to do is:
- upgrade the Theme Customizer to 0.9-69
- run these commands in terminal after upgrade:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-home
- reboot the phone or run Theme Customizer to get new hildon-home restarted and you should have 9 desktops available.

Note that this will make the "resize shortcut icons" funcion @ Theme Customizer useless, it won't work.

User who does not have CSSU installed won't notice any difference, they still have ability to resize the icons.

Edit: package is now in repos:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...0.9-69_all.deb

hi. just want to report that I have no option for 9 desktops. I'm not bothered, happy with 4 but just reporting back.
I have not done the reinstall hildon-home (as I am happy with 4 for the moment) but have installed the latest theme customiser plus latest cssu. It was there when first restarting but gone after a reboot.

Hope this information is of use.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
I ask me what will happen if someone use for example Microb with his own rotation natively actived + zaxisrotation & forcerotation enabled + Ctrl - shift - R actived in Shortcudt ? Any possible conflict can come with all this settings at the same time ?

EDIT : Love the idea of lock rotate applet

Last edited by dtergens; 2011-02-26 at 19:54.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
I ask me what will happen if someone use for example Microb with his own rotation natively actived + zaxisrotation & forcerotation enabled + Ctrl - shift - R actived in Shortcudt ? Any possible conflict can come with all this settings at the same time ?

EDIT : Love the idea of lock rotate applet
I've not noticed any conflict with microb (with his own rotation natively actived) and CSSU with forcedrotation on (v 12.1)

EDIT:
Originally Posted by neboja
2. i know for FastSMSEvo T9/qwerty keyboard fix, but i don't want to resolve issues in that manor(installing 3rd party apps, and so....) so i ask IF that form of keyboard COULD BE IMPLEMENTED a CSSU??? (both T9 an qwerty, with option to choose of course... )
Sorry but...what is the difference?

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-02-26 at 20:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by droll View Post
few more things:
1. double tap the power button above the phone to turn off the screen
2. tap it again to turn it on

#2 doesn't work. i have to tap twice.
Tapping the power button to unlock has always been flakey - quite often the first tap goes unrecognised, sometimes even a second tap is missed. This has always been the case and IMHO has nothing to do with CSSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
"conversations" on language set to spanish.

new IM, new SMS have too long strings for the buttoms.

and true for a few menus

could'nt ind it in the FAQ ..is this update similar to the other updates which delete your data .. does installing CSSU delete all my apps??

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade