Closed Thread
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Bug**

* Forcerotation makes the Photos apps full screen rotation rotate 180 degrees when doing 90 degrees rotate and causing the photo to display half of another photo with the current photo.

* App manager rendering useless with CSSU, always scans and scans for Updates when ever exit or click Download. Terrible!! very time consuming and stuck on "checking for updates....." none stop is annoying. Please fix this
The first has already been addressed before a few pages back. unfortunately that application is closed, however the CSSU team is working on a white-list for applications such as those which don't display correctly in portrait mode. please remember that it is "testing" don't expect everything to work 100 per cent of the time. also it is not recommended that you use forced rotation because it is not finished and situations like these do exist.

As for the HAM, i cannot confirm this "bug" on my device. please check your setting and clean your system with some or all of the following commands in x-term run under root. also, a quick reboot never hurts.

Code:
apt-get -f install
apt-get autoremove
apt-get autoclean
and btw, watch your tone. what has the CSSU team ever done to you? besides of course donating their [most likely] limited free time and extensive expertice to give you the device you have always wanted and Nokia didn't care to give you; all the while asking for nothing in return.

Last edited by tokag; 2011-03-07 at 15:15.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
My N900 just went apes*** crazy. It had suddenly shut itself down during the night, has never happened before. It woke me up with an alarm though. I put it to charge and checked my emails. I left modest running, and went to have breakfast, during which the N900 had an alarm. It started to beep, as I got atleast 20 notifications of 'Temporary error, there is not enough memory.' Finally I got the notification, but now the device runs extremely hot and doesn't respond too well, actually doesn't respond at all.

I think I remove the battery, reboot and remove the CSSU as this is getting too wild for my tastes. I'll wait until it gets out of testing.
Your the only one to report this. What else is installed on the device ? What else have you customised ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
I would suggest to start a fresh thread to tackle your issue!
Just removing the CSSU will not be enough, even i would doubt it comes from the CSSU at all.
Well, This is the first time I got something like this happening, and it's not been long since my last flash, so this is a relatively fresh system. The biggest change comes from installing CSSU, the only other significant system-affecting component would be Theme Customizer. These are discussed in this thread, so I'll complain here for the moment. I might just flash again...

Modest is updated via CSSU, so there might be a bug, as it was running - over cell data though, it doesn't check for mail automatically over that, only WiFi and when on it, only on the hour, so modest updating by itself was not the case. Maybe, could have been that it did something as I manually did update my emails in the first place.

I will try to reproduce this.

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Your the only one to report this. What else is installed on the device ? What else have you customised ?
Yes, I'm the first to report this... =)

In addition to the above, I have 3G/2G/Dual mode applet (never had issues), Bluetooth-DUN (no issues), Bless (FCam)(no issues), CSSU enabler, Conky, eSpeakCaller (this is a recent on this flashing with CSSU, but never had issues before), Shortcutd (proximityd - had some issues with the camera button, and I got a new replacement N900), Simple Brightness Applet, Swappolube (GUI), and a few programs that shouldn't interfere with the system.

I do wonder why I have n900-fmrx-enabler, depends on libqtm-multimedia (perhaps QSpot)?

I don't care for customizations too much, Theme Customizer is about the max I'd like to use, I have no need to mess with something that works...

I'm still testing this, I have to charge the battery and take a backup, but I'll know more in say.... 6 hours.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmmm, we need a wiki page for feature requests in CSSU. The developers could then comment on whether possible (if closed source), any actions planned, etc.Anybody agree with me?
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I have created a Community SSU Requests page at http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Feature_Requests
I think this would be better moved to Bugzilla. Relevant searches:

New feature requests would be filed in Bugzilla with "Severity: enhancement" and dealt with there. This also allows people to vote and track the issues they're interested in.

If you used the Bugzilla plugin (see the QA page), you could automate that "feature requests" page.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
I do wonder why I have n900-fmrx-enabler, depends on libqtm-multimedia (perhaps QSpot)?
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. PR 1.3 came with n900-fmrx-enabler, it's (if I recall right) an open-source fix for the N900, regarding the FM Radio. No, not the FM Radio Player, just the FM Radio itself. I think that the same goes for libqtm-multimedia, since I have it too (and I've yet to install Qspot).

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
can any of you guys help with this? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70253. dont think its CSSU related but its really annoying me now. Keeps happening! Thanks

i see graphic corruption. is it something i tweaked that is causing this?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droll View Post
i see graphic corruption. is it something i tweaked that is causing this?
Have you overclocked? i get this from unstable overclocking. A reboot usuallt fixes it though for me...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imacmillan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
As I understand it, SomePlayer doesn't do Internet radio, DLNA, or video, and it does not use MAFW. It isn't a drop-in replacement for Media Player.
Shouldn't it be up to the user what is a drop-in replacement for what? Ideally, that is.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Shouldn't it be up to the user what is a drop-in replacement for what? Ideally, that is.
Users can install SomePlayer if they want to. I'm not sure your point is relevant to the CSSU, is it? For the CSSU, an open source replacement would have to have all the same core functionality; with no significant regressions compared with the closed source original.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade