Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by nokuser View Post
Already used the E7. It s very nice device but E7 has 16 gb internal and No sd slot, external memory only when you connect with USB.

N8 has 16 gb internal+ (my 32 gb) microsd slot + memory connect using USB. I also like the 12Mp camera. The N8 camera is insane. It takes professional quality photos.

Plus 4 inch dispaly on E7???? I used the E7 for week and it was too big for me to carry. Nice device though.
Right now I wouldn't mind the E7 if I had to get a phone. The slide out keyboard is still a lot better to use than on-screen keyboards (especially when multitasking). 4" AMOLED with deep black should be a huge plus point (I saw some 3D effect on the C6-01)!

Well, it's not here yet and I'm just making comments based on what I've seen/read on publications.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
You want to buy a phone, buy an Android powered device. Symbian is as good as dead max 18 months from now...

The Following User Says Thank You to sinaisix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by anjin View Post
Thank your and for the other forum users for your answers. In the first post I tried to explain what I have and what I miss in the device I own. For that I am trying figuring if the n900 could be the right device for me (I think yes at this point of the thread)
I keep having 3 little things in doubts:
1) if the problem I have with a lot of images on the symbian of the x6 it'd be the same on n900.
2) I like the capacitive screen of the x6 (for its strenght and resistance), I don't like his lack of precision but I don't worry to put the mobile in my pocket without a folder (but not with other objects)
3) The lack of support from Nokia, but I hope that with the community it'll be a no problem.
I wondered the same. Any N900 owner could tell you N900 could attend high precision in operation than many other phones with capacitive touchscreens.

I know this was an issue with the fragility of resistive touchscreen on older WM PDAs. However, it's definitely not the case with N900's.

Nokia's support is quite good in my region. I learn here Nokia gives lousy services in US/UK. So we just couldn't help you clarify more here.

Well, you're a man with caution. I think by the time you decide to buy a N900 it's already out-of-stock.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
I wondered the same. Any N900 owner could tell you N900 could attend high precision in operation than many other phones with capacitive touchscreens.

I know this was an issue with the fragility of resistive touchscreen on older WM PDAs. However, it's definitely not the case with N900's.
I just had a bas experience with touchscreen of my sony th55. Well, to be honest I should use it with a protector but at times I didn't know it, so I had the writing zone (palm os) very scratched.

Nokia's support is quite good in my region. I learn here Nokia gives lousy services in US/UK. So we just couldn't help you clarify more here.

Well, you're a man with caution. I think by the time you decide to buy a N900 it's already out-of-stock.
Rotfl... ahahaha you're right. Anyway I went to the store past saturday but they didn't have any n900, neither one to show me. So I'll be back there next saturday. (Or maybe one day in this week after job) I Still am very very interested in see and try a n900 in real life.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I just had a bas experience with touchscreen of my sony th55. Well, to be honest I should use it with a protector but at times I didn't know it, so I had the writing zone (palm os) very scratched.

Rotfl... ahahaha you're right. Anyway I went to the store past saturday but they didn't have any n900, neither one to show me. So I'll be back there next saturday. (Or maybe one day in this week after job) I Still am very very interested in see and try a n900 in real life.

N900 resents the implication of your attempt to compare it with an ancient gadget.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-02-28 at 17:16.

N900 resents the implication of your attempt to compare it with an ancient gadget.
Eeheh I tried to compare it with a new one, something from the future... :P

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I just did, for the second time.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70460

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Still no phone?

Yes... still no phone

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
Im thinking of buying a second n900 as a backup phone since they don't make these anymore. also i have been thinkin about bying 32gb microSD card and i am little confused about speed classes. is class5 better than class 4? and what speed class it should be on n900?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, hell no, just shoot me, pros and cons