Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Suggest what? Without USB you can't charge. Go to Nokia and get it fixed or sell it for parts and buy another phone.
i can charge cause i have brought an external battery charger off ebay to charge the battery but now i am stuck in the reboot loop i cannot reflash my n900 cause i have no usb i didnt know if there was possibly any other way to maybe get the n900 in to mass storage mode or some sort of way of getting the phone out of reboot loop without needing the usb, i know its a long shot but i thought its worth a try before getting rid of it!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Not really. N900 can be restored (requires BM to already be there), accessed via USB (needs USB) or network (needs SSH and the like, presinstalled).

Several other recovery techniques are available, all requiring USB.

If you get "rid" of it, send it over. I'll solder my own connections. Or pay Nokia to fix it.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
I would love to see a stand alone app of that kind.
d-iivil see a chance of releasing it?

perfect if it comes with the CSSU, later on.
Autobuilder is down atm, but I already submitted package called "cssutransitionstuner" there. Hopefully it will appear there at some point. It's standalone app written in Qt to tune the transitions. It places itself into settings -application under "customization" category where it can be launched.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
after a reflash i have problem with the programm menu...
it doesnt rotate any more... email and all other programms do?!

another small question:

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false
Will be part of the status menu plugin later on.
will the gconftool command bring the option to the status menu?
i try this, but nothin happend!

btw. what is disable_phone_gesture... this is also in my hildon-desktop gconf.xml

cheers

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
will the gconftool command bring the option to the status menu?
i try this, but nothin happend!
No, it just stops the menu from rotating - the status menu option isn't in a release version yet, and will just run this command in the background. If you've run this command manually, then that'd explain why your menu has stopped rotating.

EDIT: The disable_phone_gesture setting is the one set by checking/unchecking the "Launch by turning" option in the phone applications "Turning Control" dialogue.

Last edited by Rob1n; 2011-03-02 at 13:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Autobuilder is down atm, but I already submitted package called "cssutransitionstuner" there. Hopefully it will appear there at some point. It's standalone app written in Qt to tune the transitions. It places itself into settings -application under "customization" category where it can be launched.
Assuming it works well, isn't overly fiddly (e.g. perhaps has a basic mode (z-axis rotation) and an advanced mode (attack angle, forcerotation, ..)), fits with the default styles of the system and doesn't have any extra large dependencies, it should be included in the CSSU.

Not sure what the approach will be to include an app which is in Extras(-devel), though. Since the enabler is through Extras, as long as cssutransitiontuner is as far up the Extras chain as community-ssu-enabler, it should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
No, it just stops the menu from rotating - the status menu option isn't in a release version yet, and will just run this command in the background. If you've run this command manually, then that'd explain why your menu has stopped rotating.

EDIT: The disable_phone_gesture setting is the one set by checking/unchecking the "Launch by turning" option in the phone applications "Turning Control" dialogue.
thanks man!!! i thought this command will bring a menu, that i can fast switch on / off autorotate, shame on me!!

thanks for helping!!

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Upstart 1.0 recently released.

Any chance to have its way into the CSSU?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Assuming it works well, isn't overly fiddly (e.g. perhaps has a basic mode (z-axis rotation) and an advanced mode (attack angle, forcerotation, ..)), fits with the default styles of the system and doesn't have any extra large dependencies, it should be included in the CSSU.

Not sure what the approach will be to include an app which is in Extras(-devel), though. Since the enabler is through Extras, as long as cssutransitiontuner is as far up the Extras chain as community-ssu-enabler, it should work.
The app already pretty much fills those details. Only portait mode ain't working, there I could use some help from devs who knows how to make the UI to scale into new orientation.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Nokia's already done this, ohmd.
Heh. We all know how well that works -- right? :P

Thanks for the link.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade