Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
What a monumental turd.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
And yet I still have hope. It's getting quite close to April 1st - which is traditionally the time Google announces something new. That and the end date of Gizmo5 is April 3rd.

Speculations anyone?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Hmm I've never really tested this fully, but now that you mention it, maybe its time I tried. The major time lags for me have been when using skype.
And you can actually set it up on a ddwrt router if you want a low power solution.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
And you can actually set it up on a ddwrt router if you want a low power solution.
I do I do! I do want to know!
I know dd-wrt does asterix, but I don't know what to do with it beyond that.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Ok, ekiga.net plus ipkall.com worked for me. Create a SIP account with Ekiga.net, get a phone number from ipkall.com and plug that number into GV. Lots of numbers don't work so took me about 3 or 4 tries to find a good #.

Credit to this post from TiagoTiago:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66952

Last edited by Flynx; 2011-03-05 at 03:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flynx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
Ok, ekiga.net plus ipkall.com worked for me. Create a SIP account with Ekiga.net, get a phone number from ipkall.com and plug that number into GV. Lots of numbers don't work so took me about 3 or 4 tries to find a good #.

Credit to this post from TiagoTiago:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66952
How is the latency with this setup? Everytime I used forwarding to a regular phone number attached to a sip account, latency was an issue for me. This was a few years ago, so maybe it has gotten better since then.

How is the latency with this setup?
I did a test call with this sip/gv setup to my girlfriend's cell on verizon. There was some lag, but you could easily carry on a conversation. By the time I finished saying the word "hello", I was just starting to hear the word on the other end.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I always had trouble with bad latency on sipgate calls. Did you have similar issues?

I might end up setting an asterisk server and use google talk (I use gizmo5 right now).
Normally the device and the network have been the biggest sources of latency for me. Usually its not bad but somtimes the people hang up on me because they still haven't heard my response.

voip.ms ultra cheap

ippi.fr (France) and localphone.com (UK) both have excellent SIP services.